Sight/Signs Fishing

Started by jgp12000, April 06, 2024, 01:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgp12000

I know some of you may have learned this early on, but I just am curious to learn your take on Sight/Signs fishing. I know with saltwater fishing watching where the birds are and tide status may be what to consider .In freshwater the moon and barometer seem to be key .In my early years of Bass fishing with a right handed baitcaster it seems now like just a barrage of casts & probably reeling in too fast at that .I would just feel for a tap or the obvious slam.Nowadays, I watch the surface of the water more, looking for Vs and where the V stops.A lot of times fish will telegraph on the surface where they are.If I see a ripple appear on the surface I will cast near the movement and let the lure sit for 10 seconds before I begin the retrieve.I have caught several Bass with a plastic worm just laying on the bottom.Please share any tips you have I will definitely try hem :fish 

nelz

Absolutely, that's the way to do it. I fish freshwater the same way and have had many strikes as the lure drops, having been cast into a "sign". One time a big bass hit the popper as I was fiddling with the reel, before I had even started reeling it in.  :fish

Reeltyme

I used to fish the same small lake in central New York for bass all the time. I knew the "hot spots" after many years. In my experience, I found that sometimes the bass were really lazy. I would cast a rubber worm to the same area moving each cast only a few feet each time one way or another and it would produce for me. I guess it wasn't the most productive method, but then again, I was there for the serenity, not catching the most fish. By the way, I released them all. Don't enjoy eating bass.