Senator 113 4/0 value

Started by sandbar, April 08, 2024, 07:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandbar

Quote from: Bryan Young on April 09, 2024, 04:43:35 AMWhat others have said.

BTW, do you still have those Penn SS reels with the corroded spools?  What models?  I may have replacement spools for you.

Bryan
Hey Bryan,
Two were 430SS and one of those was my reel, my fault. I have 2 or 3 of the spools on hand.
I think the other was a Z Series Penn.
I will have to find it and see if I ever bought a replacement spool.
I will let you know. Thank you very much!

sandbar

Quote from: jigmaster501 on April 09, 2024, 10:40:20 PMtake that reel, get a yellowtail special frame (Newell) on ebay and a stainless penn 66 spool. You will have a beast reel. just put in a 5 stack squidder drag.

Total power
At what cost?

sandbar

I picked up the reel today.
It looks much better than I thought. Stripped the line. I also purchased the pole and some extra handles for another $20.
How did I do?

foakes

Keep a sharp lookout for flashing red lights in your rear-view mirror...

Good purchases.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

sandbar

Quote from: jigmaster501 on April 09, 2024, 10:40:20 PMtake that reel, get a yellowtail special frame (Newell) on ebay and a stainless penn 66 spool. You will have a beast reel. just put in a 5 stack squidder drag.

Total power
He has a Jigmaster 500L
For sale also.
How do I determine value?

thorhammer

send us a pic- condition determines; jiggys are everywhere from five bucks to new.

oldmanjoe

Quote from: sandbar on April 10, 2024, 09:37:02 PMI picked up the reel today.
It looks much better than I thought. Stripped the line. I also purchased the pole and some extra handles for another $20.
How did I do?
Ya done did forgot to get you a Lottery ticket, wise you was on a roll.
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

sandbar

Quote from: oldmanjoe on April 11, 2024, 12:38:35 AM
Quote from: sandbar on April 10, 2024, 09:37:02 PMI picked up the reel today.
How did I do?
Ya done did forgot to get you a Lottery ticket, wise you was on a roll.
You are a hoot OMJ.

sandbar

Whaddaya think?

ExcessiveAngler

Thing looks pretty darn good to me!
And it has the red plates, which I like lol.
Also has an aluminum spool as well.
I know over my way, a 500 like that is going for around 40-50 bucks all day long on FB.
Curious to hear what others have to say?

thorhammer

offer 25 and see, but that's in good shape. I'd go 35-40 if I needed a good one to fish, and there isn't another reel on the market new for 40 bucks that will outdo that one. Entirely possible it also has steel main gear. You came in so low on the other stuff 35 still nets you way to the good side, IMO. That little red handle in that shape is getting harder to come by.

sandbar

How about the value on this one?

sandbar

I realize this the spot for Senators but just to wrap this up.
I ended up with 3 reels and 2 spools for $70.
I tried to get him to sell an Ambassadeur 6501C3 but he wasn't ready to part with it yet.

Bill B

I would lay low for a couple days, I heard the police are looking for theft suspect.  You stole those reels at basically $23 a piece.  All look to be in great shape.  Just add some carbon fiber drags and new handles and you are fishing.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

sandbar

Quote from: Bill B on April 12, 2024, 03:58:26 PMI would lay low for a couple days, I heard the police are looking for theft suspect.  You stole those reels at basically $23 a piece.  All look to be in great shape.  Just add some carbon fiber drags and new handles and you are fishing.  Bill
Do I really need to replace the handles?