Needle nose pliers recommendation?

Started by reelynew, April 09, 2024, 11:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Yes, like boon said —-

They are slip-joint screw and bolt extractor pliers.

Work from the front or side.

80% of the time, I do not have to drill out a broken screw, stud, or bolt.  Just use a little penetrating oil —- let it set for 30 minutes —- and this grips well and backs it right out.  Reel work, automotive work, machine work, equipment work.

There is a neat video on this Knipex site about the 82 01 200 slip-joint extractors.

Best, Fred

https://www.knipex.com/products/pipe-wrenches-and-water-pump-pliers/knipex-twingrip-slip-joint-pliers/knipex-twingrip-slip-joint-pliers/8201200

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

reelynew

The needle nose locking pliers and the duckbill needle nose look very useful as well.  I have a lot of options and now more knowledge than I did before asking.  Thank you again, everyone. 
I fish because the voices in my head tell me to.

Crab Pot

FWIW

The Deckhands on the PV out of San Diego all have rusted up steel pilers which double as Tuna Brain Spikes.

They use one of the handles for the brain spike.

I've watched them dip there pilers in the bait trays and said what are you doing?

They all said salt water is the best lube if you fish everyday!

Makes no sense to me but I'm not a high end deckhand and they're "stuff" never fails when they are called on.

Steve
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

oc1

Fish oils have historically been used as lubricant and protectant.

MarkT

Quote from: foakes on April 10, 2024, 10:42:28 PMYes, like boon said —-

They are slip-joint screw and bolt extractor pliers.

Work from the front or side.

80% of the time, I do not have to drill out a broken screw, stud, or bolt.  Just use a little penetrating oil —- let it set for 30 minutes —- and this grips well and backs it right out.  Reel work, automotive work, machine work, equipment work.

There is a neat video on this Knipex site about the 82 01 200 slip-joint extractors.

Best, Fred

https://www.knipex.com/products/pipe-wrenches-and-water-pump-pliers/knipex-twingrip-slip-joint-pliers/knipex-twingrip-slip-joint-pliers/8201200

I have the 82 02 200 twingrip with the comfort grips. I think I prefer the standard dipped handles I have on all my other Knipex pliers.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

MarkT

Quote from: reelynew on April 11, 2024, 02:40:23 PMThe needle nose locking pliers and the duckbill needle nose look very useful as well.  I have a lot of options and now more knowledge than I did before asking.  Thank you again, everyone. 
I have a couple pair of duckbills that are my goto pliers when fishing. Those and a pair of dykes/side cutters are on my belt at all times. Both are Channellock's.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!