Microlite 265 clone

Started by JeffG, April 24, 2024, 10:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffG

Just curious if anyone knows for sure, did Herters have D. A M. clone the 265 with their name on it? I swear I saw one one time somewhere, I think it was on eBay, but just can't remember. I know they did the Quick Junior clone with the Herters 109.

Thanks
Jeff

foakes

I don't think so, on the 265's, Jeff —-

But I could be wrong.

The Herter's catalogs carried DAM, Mitchell, and others prominently under the various brand names.

There is a wealth of info in the old Herter's catalogs.

I think I have a couple of Herter's 109's.  And they are as you said, rebadged trade reels made by DAM.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

JeffG

Quote from: foakes on April 24, 2024, 11:42:46 AMI don't think so, on the 265's, Jeff —-

But I could be wrong.

The Herter's catalogs carried DAM, Mitchell, and others prominently under the various brand names.

There is a wealth of info in the old Herter's catalogs.

I think I have a couple of Herter's 109's.  And they are as you said, rebadged trade reels made by DAM.

Best, Fred

Well crud! I know I saw a reel that didn't have the quick microlite raised lettering on it, but was identical. Maybe it was the 109 and I was just new to all the dam quick reels. I guess if it does exist it would be extraordinarily rare.

Thanks
Jeff

Midway Tommy

Herter's model 73 is the same reel as the Dam 265 Microlite. Circa about 1961.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

JeffG

Quote from: Midway Tommy on April 24, 2024, 04:27:37 PMHerter's model 73 is the same reel as the Dam 265 Microlite. Circa about 1961.

I knew I wasn't absent minded! I'm getting up there in age, but not that up there. Lol!

Thanks
Jeff

Midway Tommy

They are few and far between. Could be a long time before you see one in real reel life.  ;)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

JeffG

Quote from: Midway Tommy on April 24, 2024, 05:26:46 PMThey are few and far between. Could be a long time before you see one in real reel life.  ;)

Thanks Tommy! I can't for the life of me remember what the price was, but I don't think it was a lot. Just glad my memory hasn't failed me. I even looked it up online and couldn't find any info or images on it.

Thanks
Jeff

jtwill98

JeffG

JeffG

Midway Tommy

They don't bring a premium since they're the same reel as a Microlite. They generally bring about the same, or maybe $10 more if a Herter's collector really needs one, than the Dam version.

Quotejtwill98
April 24, 2024, 01:36:42 PM
Is this the one (model 63) that you are looking for?

The Herter's Model 63 is a Cargem 33 copy made in Japan in the mid '60s, most likely by Olympic.

Tommy D (ORCA), NE