Trinidad TN16 and TN16N Spool Width?

Started by MACflyer, April 11, 2024, 07:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MACflyer

Just purchased an older Trini 16N, but it appears wider than I expected. Anyone have an older gold Trini 16 or 16N? If so, would you mind measuring the spool width or even the inside width of the frame? Appreciate the help...

steelfish

you can start with posting pictures of the reel you bought.
those trini 16N are hard to find nowadays
The Baja Guy

MACflyer

Steelfish I wish I could. I've previously posted pics, but CRS is getting worse haha. The reel is probably a narrow, but I thought it would be narrower I guess. It does not have the special gold and silver left side plate I've seen on others.

MACflyer

Ok, figured it out: pretty easy.

Swami805

Here's a 16N and a 16. 16n has a different side plate. At least it should
Do what you can with that you have where you are

steelfish

Quote from: MACflyer on April 11, 2024, 07:24:44 PMJust purchased an older Trini 16N, but it appears wider than I expected. Anyone have an older gold Trini 16 or 16N? If so, would you mind measuring the spool width or even the inside width of the frame? Appreciate the help...

according to the pics, your reel looks "boxy" not that narrow, also, the frame should be like this one, check the pics, it has a weird cut or form the frame while the normal 16 width dont, yours seems to be a 16 size with a 16n handle sideplate
The Baja Guy

MACflyer

Appreciate the help Bryan, Swami, and Steelfish. Yes I can see the curve in the frame on the right side of the 16N. And mine does look boxier. Pretty sure I bought a 16 with a 16N right side plate. Measurements would certainly confirm that. Anyone have a measurement? Seems to be in pretty nice condition so I'm considering keeping it. Paid $235 plus shipping & taxes on the big auction site. Thought I was getting a great deal on a 16N. Well not so much...

Swami805

Here you go

MACflyer

Thanks Swami. I definitely have a TN16.

steelfish

Quote from: MACflyer on April 12, 2024, 12:20:52 AMPaid $235 plus shipping & taxes on the big auction site. Thought I was getting a great deal on a 16N. Well not so much...

while it wasnt a bargain and checking the pictures of your reel, its still a decent price for the reel, I sold my trini 16  2 years ago for $250 but mine had a lot more boat rash.
The Baja Guy

Swami805

I like my tn16, good reel
Price is ok on that, would have been a smoking deal on a 16n

boon

Happens from time to time when people (often charter boats) get a whole pile of reels serviced. I once bought a bag of Toriums for $80 that had the sideplates completely mixed up, 16s 20s and 30s all over the place.