Not boring... utilitarian

Started by JasonGotaProblem, April 17, 2024, 02:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonGotaProblem

I was asked to build a pair of matching rods using 2 20-40# "MHX X-fighter" blanks. These strike me as being inspired by the calstar grafighter line. I believe these are now discontinued, which is a shame because I like the blank a lot and would consider building one for myself.

He specified that he wanted all black, nothing decorative. That takes some of the fun out of it, but that's ok. In order to make a nice looking rod that forces one to do even cleaner work on the wraps. Challenge accepted.

Guides are HNOG16 &12, then 5 more MNOG10 all BC grey, with matching fuji DPSM seat with lock ring.

But it does make it harder to take pics. What do you take a pic of? The spot where the decoration would be?
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

steelfish

seems like it was a mission accomplished .

they look pretty clean and good
The Baja Guy

oldmanjoe

They look real good .   I find it hard to take pictures of sticks . lighting is key .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

jgp12000

boon

There's a lot to be said for a minimalist build. There's nowhere to "hide". Nice work.