Spanner wrench for collet rings in an orvis 100 handle

Started by Fishgolfman, May 08, 2024, 04:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishgolfman

I am frustrated at finding proper tool to remove old metal handle rings on Zangi reels. All spanner wrenches i can find new are two large. Suggestions??

oldmanjoe

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
" Life " It`s a thinking man`s game
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Midway Tommy

Those aren't the right type, Joe. They need to be the C style similar these:

I picked 4 of these up on eBay for around $1 each. They're mini, or micro size. I had to file them some to fit the circumference correctly. A lot of the C spanners are too big and have too large of a tip to fit in the nut slots.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Fishgolfman

I did search on google and ebay for them. Can't find small enough. C hook spanner wrench. Fabrication time i think. Need a source of thin metal though!!

Gfish

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Fishgolfman

Good idea! I may have them somewhere to use as starting material!!

Cortez_Conversions

Search for micrometer adjustment spanner wrenches. The look about the same size. Without dimensions, I can't tell for sure.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Midway Tommy

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on May 13, 2024, 03:19:15 PMSearch for micrometer adjustment spanner wrenches. The look about the same size. Without dimensions, I can't tell for sure.

Yes, that's what mine were originally for, but they had to be filed a little to work properly. I bought 4 separate wrenches so I would have plenty of options in case I needed spanners for multiple size nuts. The bigger the reel the larger the circumference of the notched nuts. The Orvis 50A nuts are pretty darn small. The Delfino nuts are quite a bit larger.

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Fishgolfman

Bingo!! Found them on ebay. 8$/ea not tommy 1$/each.Though someone has several all together in a lot for 30$!!

Midway Tommy

Quote from: Fishgolfman on May 14, 2024, 03:49:04 AMBingo!! Found them on ebay. 8$/ea not tommy 1$/each.Though someone has several all together in a lot for 30$!!

:o  Looks like the last 2 or 3 years' economic inflationary conditions have infiltrated those little suckers, too!  :(
Glad I was able to pick mine up when I did.  ::)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE