New Guy Here

Started by Southbaykiller, April 03, 2012, 01:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southbaykiller

Hi there,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Robert and I can't pull a reel apart and put it back together. I have been as bad as pulling a reel apart and bringing it to a tackle shop in a plastic bag. I am here to try and learn some simple trouble shooting and maintenance. I'll apologize for my stupid questions in advance, sorry!

Thanks for your patience and information!

Dominick

Southbay:  Welcome.  With regard to stupid questions most people will say there are no stupid questions except for the question that was not asked.  You can take that lesson to heart but according to my friend Rob there is one stupid question.  That is "whether to fish or not fish" is really a stupid question.  Ask anything you want and someone will have the answer.  Post photos.  Everyone on this site loves photos.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

redsetta

Welcome aboard Robert.
Dominick's spot on:
QuoteAsk anything you want and someone will have the answer...
And definitely post photos...  ;) ;D
Hope you enjoy your stay.
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

kamuwela

aloha robert and welcome, no question is a stupd one. more questions equals more knowledge

Irish Jigger

Welcome aboard Robert. I think we all had problems after pulling our first reel apart. ;)

Norcal Pescador

Welcome Robert! 8)  Yeah, the only stupid question is, ".... To fish, or not to fish?" Come in and enjoy the time here. We ALL started out as newbies. Except Alan, of course. ;D
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Keta

Quote from: Southbaykiller on April 03, 2012, 01:17:07 AM
I'll apologize for my stupid questions in advance, sorry!

First, Hi. 

Second, most of the time the only stupid question is the one not asked.  Everyone here has had to learn, many by making every mistake possible and some you would think were imposable.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Aloha Robert.  When you say South Bay, do you mean San Jose area or Torrance?

We are all here because we like the help and like to learn from each other.  So if you can help or learn, that's the type of people that are here on this forum.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

there is always cold beer in the frig.  swing on by if you are in the neighborhood.   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

mojocvh

I loved my slosh's until that dammed Avet turned up!