Penn TRQ100 tear down question?

Started by Captain_Dav, March 28, 2012, 03:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain_Dav

Went to service my reel today, 1st tear down. Went to remove the plate covering the gear/drag system and it did not want to pull off. I removed the 4 screws holding it in place and the 2 small screws on the back side, the star drag. I tried pulling, twisting but I could not get the plate to loosen up or separate, do I need to apply more pressure or am I missing something?

Thank you
Captain Dav Carpenter
Newport Beach

Irish Jigger

Welcome aboard Captain Dav.
I am not familiar with your reel but you won't have long to wait for advice and assistance here. ;D

SoCalAngler

Did you remove the retainer spring off the gear sleeve? Sometimes those can bind up a bit on the sleeve.

Captain_Dav

Thank you for the response and the welcome. I reviewed the diagram, I removed all parts down to the #98b clutch bearing, my problem is that I am unable to remove part #1C Right Side Cover Assembly. Any more suggestions are welcome.

Also should I remove the covers of the spool bearings and keep them off to lube them? I was thinking about trying to use an insulin syringe to attempt to inject them.

Thank you-

basto

Hi Dave
I have a Torque200 and think it should be very similar.I have never had a problem taking it apart. You sound like you have done everything correctly. All I can do is offer a couple of pics of my 200 apart. Hope this might help.
Basto
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Captain_Dav

Thank you for the pics, looks like the 2 post next to the yoke could be snug and a little patient persuasion may be the ticket.

Thanks,
Captain Dav
Newport Beach, Ca

maine guide

Has anyone done a complete tutorial on tearing these down yet?

Bryan Young

No Tutorial yet.  Anyone interested in doing one?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

basto

There is one on the 300 on BLOODYDECKS tutorials. I remember reading it a couple of years ago.
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

alantani

it should lift straight up.  maybe tapping it with a 12 inch section of broom handle might coax it along.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!