Hello All from over the pond in Welsh Wales !

Started by springwell, April 11, 2012, 02:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

springwell

Dominick.

That must have been some trip in a soft top back in the sixties!

Bill
There is a fine line between the angler and madness

Alto Mare

Quote from: springwell on April 13, 2012, 10:06:22 AM
Dominick.

That must have been some trip in a soft top back in the sixties!

Bill
Yea and he used to have hair waving in the wind. He  now uses sunblock for the top of his hat rack. ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Alto Mare

By the way, welcome Bill! Nice to have you with us.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 13, 2012, 11:21:58 AM
Quote from: springwell on April 13, 2012, 10:06:22 AM
Dominick.
That must have been some trip in a soft top back in the sixties! Bill

Yea and he used to have hair waving in the wind. He  now uses sunblock for the top of his hat rack. ;D
Springwell, yes it was great fun,  8) except for the fact that someone slashed the back window in Paris to steal a sheepskin lined denim jacket.  :'(  I don't know why I remembered that.  ???

Sal: Some one of these days I'll post a picture of me with hair. :)  Yes now I have to use sun block.  :'(  Unless your father and grandfather had a full set of hair as they aged you'll get there.  :-* Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Nessie Hunter

Welcome aboard.....

Funny thread, Im a Sun Blockhead also!!   LMAO... ;D
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Dominick

Quote from: Nessie Hunter on April 13, 2012, 05:22:40 PM
Welcome aboard.....

Funny thread, Im a Sun Blockhead also!!   LMAO... ;D
Hi Frank:  I'm going down to Cabo next month, May 22-29.  You planning on a trip down?  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

New Site Yellowcat

Quote from: qcguy4198 on April 12, 2012, 09:40:34 AM
Welcome Bill..!!!!
After you've been here awhile....you'll begin to feel an urge to buy old reels from pawn shops and fleamarkets( or whatever you have in Wales...)just to open them up and put them back in shape to fish.
ENJOY...as addictions go...we could all certainly do worse..!!

Hello across the pond  (Bill) Springwell  from Alabama..

qcguy said it right "Buying old reels" became an addiction for me, then I found this website..WHEW !!! Now I know I'm not alone... LOL !!!

I've always been a lefty when fishing.. And also I'm trying to get a few Penns that are leftys.. I'm more into levelwinds, but I have one thats not..And I'm looking forward to catching something on it... 

I know you will enjoy it here !!! I have enjoyed my short time here..  james

Dominick

Quote from: redsetta on April 13, 2012, 03:36:41 AM
Nice one Dominick - the TR6 is a great car.
Must've been a fantastic trip.
Cheers, Justin
Yes it is a great car.  It never broke down on me.  I kept it for 27 years.  I rebuilt the engine after 205K miles.  Rebuilt the transmission at about 100K.  I learned everything about the car over the years.  I just got tired of climbing in and out of it.  I bought a Chevy Blazer instead.  The trip was one of those trips of a lifetime.  Dominick

springwell

Hi New Site Yellowcat,

It's the search for left hand winds which grips me, in the UK the only modern reels readily available are Abu 7000i, Avets, Akios and some medium size boat reels.

Sometimes a Policansky will pop up on Ebay, which are interchangeable from left to right, nice reels. I sometimes have a niggle, should I try RHW but I still stick at LHW.

Pescachaser,

I see a road trip book on the horizon!

TR6 last of the great Triumphs, I also liked the little Herald, a favourite of the driving schools in the UK in the 60's because of its small turning circle and the much more powerful Vitesse was a very nice car.

Bill

alantani

wanted to but a tr6 when i was younger.  i saw the tr7 and it broke my heart.  hated it. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

springwell

TR7 a terrible car, apologies if someone has one, I doubt it somehow.

TR8 same awful styling but at least it had a 3.5 V8

Bill

Keta

My dad broke me of ever wanting a British car by having me drive his MGB from his ranch NE of Folsom, CA to Klamath Falls in the 60s.  I don't think I averaged 30 mph and I know I had at teast 10 breakdowns on the drive.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

LTM

Welcome Bill from smoggy Southern California.

Leo