Thanks to All

Started by Bill B, April 12, 2012, 12:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

Got permission form the "boss" to go fishing today, but the weather was so bad here in Southern California today, decided to stay home and snuggle with the boss instead.  After I got over that, I figured I learned enough from you guys, to tear down a couple of reels, clean, inspect and lube.  (Penn 112H, 113H and 114HLW)  Booted the computer up, read, and re-read a couple tutorials on Penn tear downs and started about 1300 hours, it's now 1715 hours and just finished two of them. 

Funny how the second took less time than the first, but now the kids are looking at me like they're hungry or something so I guess the 114HLW will have to wait for this weekend. 

Thanks to all your posts, advice, and this great website, I spent a great day with the "boss" and a couple of old friends.  I've been eyeballing an old Rolls Engineering Reel that was built in the '50's that might be next.... ::)

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Eatmycatch

the beauty of this hobby is that anyone can take part in it. From the collector of the most expensive reels on the market all the way down to the cheaper reel models...The end result is the same...rewarding....and a sense of accomplsihment.

I only do one project at a time, to space it out for one thing. and for another I would  wind up with unfinshed projects all over the place....and I have no workshop so I have to make use of my space  ;D