Hello from Indonesia

Started by Piskada, April 22, 2012, 01:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Piskada:  Welcome to the site.  You'll be sorry though.  I checked above and I have, 16 days, 7 hours and 44 minutes logged in on this site.  :o I gotta get a life.  :-\ This mechanical stuff is addicting.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

redsetta

QuoteThat's the good old Fin Nor Tycoon 7.5...
Love to see a few more pics at some stage, if you're inclined - looks like a cracker bit of gear. ;)
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Piskada

Quote from: Pescachaser on April 26, 2012, 05:14:47 PM
Piskada:  Welcome to the site.  You'll be sorry though.  I checked above and I have, 16 days, 7 hours and 44 minutes logged in on this site.  :o I gotta get a life.  :-\ This mechanical stuff is addicting.  Dominick
Hahaha you're right, Dominick, no shot invented against it, yet!

Piskada

Thanks Alto Mare!
I'll look for a picture of the reel, Redsetta, and post it here.

Piskada

Here's a few pictures of the Tycoon 7.5.

redsetta

Piskada

To shift gears you have to push the safety tab and pull out the handle, at some point there is a detent, then you turn the handle to another opening and push it in. That takes some getting used to, but once mastered you can shift pretty quick. The Tycoon 9.0, if not mistaken, has even 3 speeds, shifting is the same way.
Another thing that's unique is the drag lever and adjustment. Turning the little knob increases or decreases the drag and to activate is like operating a miniature lever drag, but with a very wide range.
It is built like a tank and the finishing is superb, I think this series of Tycoon reels has broken lots of world records.
I do change the handle bar, it is not the original, as you can see in the picture. The original is a small old fashioned t-bar, not nice to hold and use, although I've never used the reel ;D

redsetta

Great info - cheers Piskada.
I recently customised a decades-old Daiwa Ventura with a similar pre-load adjustment, here: http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=3463.0
Catch ya, Justin

Dominick

I don't see where you step on the clutch. ???  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Piskada

Hahaha no need to step on the clutch......semi automatic ;)