Jiggy build

Started by thorhammer, January 09, 2018, 01:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

I bought a green Tib frame and handle last year to build out a CC green Jiggy, but  the  colors were off. I was highly anticipating that particular one and maybe that's why I never really liked this reel I built out of leftover parts, UNTIL I got some sweet swag lever and clamp from our man Ted that sets it off.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

twotone

Fine job on the twotone Jiggy. I like it.
twotone

Maxed Out

Very happy the green tib clamp found the perfect home and I think you made great choice to use the silver with the green.....super sexy
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

STRIPER LOU

Very nice John!

I'm a fan of the 2 tone reels and/or mixed colors. Of course I'm also a fan of  solid colors too. Actually, I like them all!  ;D

..................Lou

thorhammer

Spent a few hours yesterday installing Ted sawg and dammit didn't take a pic of the red Jiggy arm completing the Cherry Bomb 501 CC.  When I get back it I will get one.

xjchad

An Irish Jig!
Nice work!!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

David Hall

I got that same color combo in the new T4N1 to build, actually two, since the green colors didn't match up I got a silver and green kit and a silver and green set of CC plates.

Dominick

Wow! It looks like there are going to be a lot of shelf queens.  :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bill B

Quote from: Dominick on January 09, 2018, 04:11:59 AM
Wow! It looks like there are going to be a lot of shelf queens.  :D Dominick

Shelf Queens aren't allowed brother  ;)....Gotta fish that beauty...Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

mo65

Wow! I love that Tiburon handle with the logo on it...are the colored handles hard to get? I thought they only came in black. Sweet reel John.
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Yogi_fish808

Awesome jigmaster build John! What's it got going on inside?

ReelFishingProblems

That is a beauty! I might need to start treasure hunting for an electric blue tib blade.... I have a whole lifetime to find one

gstours

I like the colors,  you did good,  ;) and if we could beg of you where did you get the Tib handle?  I love the rubbergrip when its cold.   Nice work.   Ill be waiting to get a couple.    Thanks.     gst.

thorhammer

Nick, Ted had some electric blue in the works that should match CC plates way better than Tib blue. They are sweet!

Gary, I believe I bought that handle and frame straight from Tib. The original Area Rule T-bar handles are probably the most heavy duty thing I've ever seen, as discussed with Sal and Dan over a five hour Light meal at Sal's last night.  I have one on 16/0 and 9/0 (that handle from Dan).  The current iterations, which ate licensures and a bit lighter duty, do feel good in hand as you indicate. I heeled my 14/0 with one as well.

For basically the same money I think Alan's handle is stronger in the arm. 

John