Penn 1/0, 2/0, and 3/0 reels

Started by john2244, May 01, 2012, 05:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john2244

Some first generation Penn Senators with the black side plate and a Penn Senator 112H 3/0.
The first generation reels are in very good condition and the 112H is a
NIB reel.  Notice how the handle location is in a forward postion (4 o'clock) on the first
generation Penns.  I believe Penn phased out the first generation reels around 1948.
Also, notice the different size of the Penn 112 vs. the 112H (last 2 reels).

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Irish Jigger

Beautiful collection John. Love that little 112H, have fished one of those for about 55 years now and it never let me down.Those Penn's were built to last, no aluminium there. ;)

Alto Mare

Beautiful John! I must admit that I'm not really surprised. I had a good idea of what you had, just by talking with you in the past, that's why I mentioned for you not to hold back. Just beautiful John, keep'em coming ;)! Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Wow, John.  Love those green handles.  So, what about your Pro Gear collection?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

john2244

Thanks for the comments guys.  Bryan, I will post some pics of the PG's after the Penns. 
John

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

redsetta

Great stuff John - thanks for sharing.
QuoteSo, what about your Pro Gear collection?
Hmmm, now that I'd like to see... ;) ;D
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Normslanding

I think your reels are as good as it gets, great collection. As a kid my reels of choice were a 2/0, 259, and a 27. I still use a 2/0. Thanks for sharing.

john2244

Thanks Justin.  Norms I will be posting pics later this week of some 27's and 259's.  I agree,  they are nice reels.
John

Bryan Young

The 259 was the my first official casting reel that I caught my first Ulua (GT) (36#) on Kauai, loaded with 50# Ande.  Ah, those were the days.  Still have mine today.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Nessie Hunter

All in a row...  Nice bunch of fish catchers...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!