114H spacer washers

Started by Keta, February 28, 2014, 04:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Bryan gave me some of his .020 hardened drag washers that were miss cut and I was going to use them for hex/octagon gear drag washers.  Tonight I finally got around to working on one of my own reels  (a BP hex geared,alternating double dogged, Tib narrow framed 114HN with SS gear sleeve).  I had the washers setting on my work bench and decided if I could use them.  I put one undersize keyed washer on top of the last keyed washer in the stack (6+1), 2 Bellville washers )), the spacer sleeve, a stock 114H wavy spring washer, another of the undersize 114H keyed washers and then the star.  The star is 1/8 of a turn off the drag washers now and it feels good.  I'll try to test the drag tomorrow.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

gstours

Hi Lee; what thickness of the cf did you use for washers? have yu cut them yet?  let us know more on how it works out for you!!!!gst.

Keta

.048" (1.1mm) I think all but the top metal washers are .37", if not they are .047".

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Keta on February 28, 2014, 04:37:28 AM
Bryan gave me some of his .020 hardened drag washers that were miss cut and I was going to use them for hex/octagon gear drag washers.  Tonight I finally got around to working on one of my own reels  (a BP hex geared,alternating double dogged, Tib narrow framed 114HN with SS gear sleeve).  I had the washers setting on my work bench and decided if I could use them.  I put one undersize keyed washer on top of the last keyed washer in the stack (6+1), 2 Bellville washers )), the spacer sleeve, a stock 114H wavy spring washer, another of the undersize 114H keyed washers and then the star.  The star is 1/8 of a turn off the drag washers now and it feels good.  I'll try to test the drag tomorrow.
Lee,
You need to get you a cloning machine in the Bat Cave. We need at least two more of you down there constantly making us all of your awesome ss goodies. ;) That way you can tinker with your own reels. ;D
Life is Good!

Keta

I tested the reel after work yesterday and with the star cranked down hard I got 40lbs of drag.  It's easy to get the 20-25 pounds I want for this reel without turning the star real tight.

Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Alto Mare

That reel could hold over 50lbs
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

If I wanted t really crank hard I'm sure it will but I'm testing it by pulling on it with a rod and I don't like to pull that much....I've had line snap and hitting the ground hurts.

Mark Twain