POWELL PIC

Started by HOLEINTHEWATER, June 22, 2012, 07:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outdoorsaddiction

I love to hunt as well as fish.  I'll pretty much hunt anything that the commission will let me, lol.

HOLEINTHEWATER

I got a email from a friend. There were a bunch of pic from a JANE Seabrook from Aucland New Zealand. they are for us old farts. If anybody would like to see more send me your email?

HOLEINTHEWATER

saltydog

Fill my freezer with venison and pork every year.It sure does taste better than the cardboard they sell at the store.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

redsetta

Cheers HitW - it's a small world!
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

HOLEINTHEWATER

GOOD MORNING TO ALL. WILL BE HEADING BACK TO POWELL IN A WEEK.

kamuwela

good morning and have a great day

redsetta

Now that's a great way to start the day...
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

HOLEINTHEWATER

PADRE BAY AT POWELL, WE'LL BE HEADING THREW THERE NEXT TUESDAY. GOING BASS FISHING TOMORROW AT ALAMO LOCAL LAKE.  ALL YOU  GUYS HAVE A SAFE LABOR DAY AND I'LL BRING SOME NEW PICS BACK .

:) :)

Dave Bentley

Only believe that which you know to be true.

Bill B

Be safe...it's Labor Day Weekend...too many drunks out there..
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Puhi

Not really sure how bad your shoulders are but if you have a chance try a PSE Omen in 50lb.  It just might wanna change your mind. The only bad thing is that the draw length is non adjustable  so you need to know what your exact DL is.

HOLEINTHEWATER

Got to Neskai Tuesday 2pm wind blowing faster than we were  going 20 MPA. Got camp set up in a sand storm. Wind died down around 4pm.
Went fishing in the upper bay across from camp. caught around 30 fish on top water and sweet beavers. Wednesday morning went back across the bay a caught another 60 plus on top water and sweet beavers and grubs. Wind came up went back to camp. That afternoon went back out only caught around 20 fish the last 30 min. before dark on top water. James want to go to Zahn the next day. We usually catch bigger fish up there, not the quantity. Up at first light and head to Zahn. Fished until 10 am only caught 8 fish. Bay was muddy and junk floating all over it. Headed back down the lake wind blowing like crazy. Set in camp until about 4pm, wind still blowing, decided to go over to Neskahi wash and get some protection from the wind. Started out with sweet beavers and grubs, started catching right away off the point that  comes into the Neskahi cove but couldn't keep the toon into position, wind. Headed down the cove, just before you get into the canyon shallow water. started throwing top water and the bite was on. Had no idea what you would catch, large mouth, small mouth or striper. Fished until just before dark and they were still going. cleaned around 60 fish that night. Headed back over the next morning. we threw nothing but top water the rest of the morning. We caught over a hundred fish that morning. The backs of the coves were packed with shad. 
Wind came up had to go back to camp. Went back that afternoon and only caught around 40 plus. Friday was slower had to use grubs and cranks but still caught a bunch of fish. Fished Saturday morning for a couple hours and caught around 30 fish,. picked up camp and headed home. We drove 163 miles up and back on the lake. ANOTHER GREAT TRIP.

DAVE.

HOLEINTHEWATER

A FEW FISH WE CAUGHT ON TOP WATER

Danhans

:o i like to fish topwater too..very nice trip!  ;D