FastEddy Bearings?

Started by Gman_WC, July 12, 2015, 06:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gman_WC

Walnut Creek, CA

Gman_WC

Well, it looks like they've yet to be tested here then.
I'm upgrading a new to me, bubba'ed  narrow 4/0

What are the go to spool bearings for a 113H
and are the bocca's worth the price?

Thanks
-gary
Walnut Creek, CA

Bryan Young

I would rather buy stainless steel bearings my self.

"Penn 113H 4/0 Senator Fishing Reel Rubber Sealed Bearing Set
• (2)      1/8x3/8x5/32

Top quality Chromium Steel balls for extended life and corrosion resistance. All bearings come pre-lubed with a waterproof grease and rubber seals to keep moisture and contamination out."
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Gman_WC

Which brand do you prefer Bryan?
It's been a few years since i've been out of the game
and I'm in need of replacing a set.
Just wondering if anything new was worth the extra$/

-g
Walnut Creek, CA

Bryan Young

I buy from Dawn (SmoothDrag.com).  If she doesn't have the size, I buy from Boca.  In some cases, I will buy from the reel manufacturer if I'm buying from them already and shipping is already being paid for from my order.

Most importantly is at least ABEC 5 and Stainless Steel.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

exp2000

That name is so familiar? Wonder if I have bought from him before?

All bearings from Japanese manufacturers are top shelf. The standard is such that you don't have to worry about ABEC ratings.
And even among these, EZO bearings are truly superb and are marketed in the USA under the Sapporo label. Dadsoletackle sell them at a good price. He is an honest guy but the service can be a bit hit and miss.

I was once given a TLD20 that had been sitting on the bottom of the bay for a couple of months. The thing that impressed the hell outa me was that there  was not a sign of rust on the spool bearings. They were Japanese but not the usual brands. NTN maybe ??? Shoulda paid more attention sorry.