penn 113H maroon senator special convertion

Started by joe_dejesus, July 16, 2012, 12:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Joe, you said you had the parts. I believe that Alan has the left handed ss sleeve. You better send hin a message to make sure.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Pescachaser on July 17, 2012, 03:00:30 AM
Quote from: Alto Mare on July 17, 2012, 02:54:23 AM
Dominick, no I don't believe so, the grease isn't blue :-\.
Sal:  Go back and look again :o after the zin wears off.  Dominick
You got me Dominick, I just noticed the Masters' hand.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

joe_dejesus

yes.. i have the following:   3-113HLH bridge assembly ,  5-113HLH main gear , 13-113HLH pinion

what I have read once something is changed to SS i should change a few other components correct?

Dominick

Sal:  Isn't it true that if Joe uses the same plate turned around that he has to grind a spot to place the dog for the left hand sleeve?  If that is true then he should make it double dogged.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

seaeagle2

If you're going to pull these apart, you should get a stock of dog springs, Scott's Penn Parts among others has them.  If you put a little dab of grease on the dog spring, it will help keep it around.
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

Alto Mare

Quote from: Pescachaser on July 17, 2012, 03:19:47 AM
Sal:  Isn't it true that if Joe uses the same plate turned around that he has to grind a spot to place the dog for the left hand sleeve?  If that is true then he should make it double dogged.  Dominick
Now you're giving me a chance to get back to you ;D. Go back and read what I wrote in my first statement.

Keta

Quote from: seaeagle2 on July 17, 2012, 04:47:34 AM
If you're going to pull these apart, you should get a stock of dog springs, Scott's Penn Parts among others has them.  If you put a little dab of grease on the dog spring, it will help keep it around.

I still send these flying once in a while and keep several in stock.

Quote from: joe_dejesus on July 17, 2012, 03:12:25 AM
what I have read once something is changed to SS i should change a few other components correct?

A matching SS dog is a good idea.  I still have some, send me a PM if you are interested.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

joe_dejesus

Quote from: Keta on July 17, 2012, 01:24:35 PM
Quote from: seaeagle2 on July 17, 2012, 04:47:34 AM
If you're going to pull these apart, you should get a stock of dog springs, Scott's Penn Parts among others has them.  If you put a little dab of grease on the dog spring, it will help keep it around.

I still send these flying once in a while and keep several in stock.

Quote from: joe_dejesus on July 17, 2012, 03:12:25 AM

A matching SS dog is a good idea.  I still have some, send me a PM if you are interested.

Remember it has to be for LEFT HAND crank, I dont think they make SS for lefty's...  If in fact they are LEFT do let me know 

thanks
Joe

Bryan Young

Dogs are the same for left and right hand crank. You just flip the dog. You will also need a left hand star. Other than that, you should be good to go.

I've only lost a dog, and no spring. Go figure. I normally disassemble theses reels where the plate is on the top and the bridge is down. The spring usually pops off onto the cloth that I use I cover the table.
Good luck. Looks to be a fun project.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

joe_dejesus

Quote from: Bryan Young on July 17, 2012, 02:06:24 PM
Dogs are the same for left and right hand crank. You just flip the dog. You will also need a left hand star. Other than that, you should be good to go.

I've only lost a dog, and no spring. Go figure. I normally disassemble theses reels where the plate is on the top and the bridge is down. The spring usually pops off onto the cloth that I use I cover the table.

when as ss dog is used, isnt there another componentds that also needs changed to SS (a sleeve?)   no SS sleeves exist for lefty I believe..  or can  dog be changed out to SS asnd leave other components non-SS ?

thanks
Joe

Keta

I wouldn't put a hard SS dog on a "soft" brass sleeve.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Quote from: joe_dejesus on July 17, 2012, 02:11:40 PM
Quote from: Bryan Young on July 17, 2012, 02:06:24 PM

when as ss dog is used, isnt there another componentds that also needs changed to SS (a sleeve?)   no SS sleeves exist for lefty I believe..  or can  dog be changed out to SS asnd leave other components non-SS ?

thanks
Joe
Don't know if there are any left.  Alan is getting ready to depart on his vacation and unfortunatley, I'm flying out to Vancouver, WA again tomorrow unexpectedly.  May need to wait until Alan gets back before we can answer this one.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

joe_dejesus

Im having bad luck locating a marron left crack side plate part# 1-113HLH

Anyone know where to get one???,

Thanks
Joe

Alto Mare

Joe, I just got home and checked my parts, some of us have to work for a living ;D. The only ones I have are the red plates(not marroon), these are the the injection mold plate. don't ask me to send you a picture, my computer is shot and i can barely communicate with you. the plates are in excellent shape and I'm sure they will do just fine. Let me know if you want me to send them to you...these would be on me. The left plate needs a clicker button, Scott's has them and they're very easy to install, i will also send you the left side bearing, I'm not sure that you'll be able to find this one. If you didn't want these, try Dan Williamson from www.reelygone.com, he might be able to help you. His phone # is listed on his site.
About the ss sleeve, I'm going to recommend that you let it go for now and focus on your left handed conversion, The dogs don't need to be ss in this case and if you add two, you[ll still be ahead.
If that doesn't do it for you and you're still set on the ss sleeve, try www.elec-tra-mate.com,. There is a possibility that they could fix you up with one, but it ain going to be cheap.
Sal

joe_dejesus

sorry for not being on here (also been busy working)  ;D

I resolved the left side crank plates by getting a good deal from jeff at tiburon...  Got the narrow conversion
with sideplates (thought the gold would look cool)   ::)

My 113H has drag washers that are think and looks like carbon fiber material..   I ordered the smooth drag washers
and maybe im wrong, they look whimpy and are very thin...  not to mention not sure what side of washers goes where..

will these smoothdrags work better?   the white side goes to what side on the stack?

thanks
Joe