Ambassadeur 3.0 HST

Started by Robert Janssen, August 19, 2012, 01:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rothmar2

I think my Jigmaster post should be unstickied immediately. It's not worthy of the craftsmanship shown here. This is far beyond anything I could ever hope to do. I'm in awe Robert, this is what true skill surely is.
Thanks for digging this up Mike, I certainly have never seen this post before.
Respect!

Alto Mare

Quote from: Rothmar2 on February 05, 2016, 12:49:44 PM
I think my Jigmaster post should be unstickied immediately. It's not worthy of the craftsmanship shown here. This is far beyond anything I could ever hope to do. I'm in awe Robert, this is what true skill surely is.
Thanks for digging this up Mike, I certainly have never seen this post before.
Respect!

Don't sell yourself short Chris, there is many different ways of displaying talent, you certainly have your own way and I'm enjoying every bit of it.
Doc has been my idle from the first day I spotted him.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Fish-aholic

At the time this thread was published my jaw hit the floor. Years later, same effect. Astonishing work!

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 05, 2016, 01:20:20 PMDon't sell yourself short Chris, there is many different ways of displaying talent, you certainly have your own way and I'm enjoying every bit of it.
Doc has been my idle idol from the first day I spotted him.

Sal

Fixed that for you, Sal!  ;D

Alto Mare

Thanks Steve, I'm fluent in italian, but a few words in English get me once in a while, or more like often ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mike1010

Here's a word I bring out only on special occasions.  Same with the exclamation mark:  Awesome!  I didn't know that level of craftsmanship existed.  Hats off.

Mike

Fish-aholic

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 05, 2016, 03:01:58 PM
Thanks Steve, I'm fluent in italian, but a few words in English get me once in a while, or more like often ;D

Your English is great, Sal. Being multilingual is another talent in your vast armoury. I'm not one for pulling up spelling mistakes, especially on a international forum as this one, but the irony of the word mix up raised a wry smile, so I thought I'd help 'fix' your original intention sentiment because its one I share.  ;)

Edit: intention? lol! I meant sentiment. See, even my use of the English language can be suspect and it's my native tongue.  ;D

Steve.

Robert Janssen

QuoteDid the mag cast control ever happen?

Yes, it did. I incorporated it with the would-otherwise-have-been-a-clicker-knob on the left sideplate. By turning the knob, series of magnets are gradually brought into proximity of the spool's inner flange. Very effective. I use it all the time; works great.

Quoteyou've never shared this on any other board, have you.

Actually, it started on ORCA, and from there to StripersOnline. I've seen it come up on Facebook too.

QuoteI grew up next door to a retired craftsman who built scale working replicas of steam trains like the Flying Scotsman, and huge steam-powered ships, all with working boilers, steerage etc.
Like you, he handmade every component.

Those guys are awesome.

QuoteI think my Jigmaster post should be unstickied immediately. It's not worthy of the craftsmanship shown here. This is far beyond anything I could ever hope to do.

That is not true. I like reading your posts; you are a very versatile guy. Hard working, too. No taking the easy way out for you. Not a lot of people have the breadth to be able to do both cold-forming and machine work, or their own tooling. I like the press tool, btw. Not only do you see what it will do, but what comes next as well. Good work!

STRIPER LOU

Outstanding Robert!
I have a true appreciation for your work.
Sometimes people don't realize the skill level it takes to do that kind of work using conventional machining methods.
You are to be applauded.
All the best,  ..  Lou

Tiddlerbasher

With CNC lovely - Manually - simply stunning :o Nothing but envy for your talents!!

ez2cdave

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 05, 2016, 03:01:58 PM

Alto,

Well, I don't know very much Italian, except for Menu Items and Car Names . . .

In the case of this fine reel, the word " Countacc ! " ( Piemontese ) certainly applies !

We know that word as "Countach" of Lamborghini fame . . .

Tight Lines !

steelfish

Quote from: Robert Janssen on August 20, 2012, 08:00:25 PM

Glad you enjoyed it.

Redsetta, so you noticed the verniers, eh? I'll have you know, I was very careful to keep things out of the background in pics, that would give away the scale. Thankfully, those verniers and that adjustable spanner happen to be very small too.

Scale can be misleading that way. An illusion holds as long as the photography allows... Like this close-up of a ball bearing. You can see the fine details by looking closely.

hmm first I thoguth they were two different reels

I said.. WOW.. awesome reel (talking about the first pictures)
then I saw the mini reel in your hand and I said.. holly wacamole !!  thats an extremely awesome mini reel..

then I came into account that its the same reel

excellent work, pure genius
The Baja Guy

Donnyboat

Robert, like wize, I`m speechless, had to clean my glasses twice, to make shore I was seeing correctly, and self taut, very gifted man, as we say in West Aussie, clever devil arent you mate. thanks truely interesting, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat