Release Reels-Any Experience Here With Them?

Started by whalebreath, September 05, 2012, 03:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Release Reels

Thanks Anthony!  I think Santa does stop by here for fishing tips and Christmas list suggestions!  Our website, which is constantly updating, has recently been updated and has some fresh pics and info on our reels.  Please stop by and let us know what you think. 

Release Reels

Thanks for the suggestion Arthur!  We have actually tinkered with that a bit, and it is definitely in the game plan as a future option.  Currently, we are so busy with trying to keep the supply up with demand, we can't take the CNC mills offline to make modifications.  Keep an eye on us though, we have a lot in the works here and excited about the future of Release Reels!

Quote from: Nuvole on September 07, 2012, 04:23:39 PM
Bill,

If you would consider to add in some magnetic cast control on your smaller reels, I see that you will open another door for the surfcaster.

Cheer,

Arthur

Bryan Young

Bill,

Welcome and thanks for joining.  Wishing you success.

Please add photos where needed as many people visit here daily, weekly, or at least monthly.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Release Reels

Thanks Bryan,
If there are any specific pics of a reel currently in production that anyone would like to see, just let me know and I'll do what I can to post it. 

Thanks,
Bill

Quote from: Bryan Young on September 07, 2012, 05:34:35 PM
Bill,

Please add photos where needed as many people visit here daily, weekly, or at least monthly.

Bryan

Irish Jigger

Welcome aboard Release Reels.
Great to see a new reel being designed and manufactured in the USA. Brings back happy memories of reels "Made with pride in the USA"
I wish you every success with your venture.

Release Reels

Thank you!

Quote from: Irish Jigger on September 07, 2012, 07:10:25 PM
Great to see a new reel being designed and manufactured in the USA. Brings back happy memories of reels "Made with pride in the USA"

Nessie Hunter

Quote from: Release Reels on September 07, 2012, 07:30:33 PM
Thank you!

Quote from: Irish Jigger on September 07, 2012, 07:10:25 PM

Best of luck, good to know the good old USA can still produce.....

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Bryan Young

Hi Bill,

Post any reels that you so please that would help everyone get an idea behind your reels.  Internals are also good, such as anti-reverse systems, gearing, options, and probably the loaded question is...how can your little reel get 30# of drag with all of the competitors are only getting max 15-18# and have a high probability of damaging the pinion bearing.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Welcome aboard Bill...good luck with your reels.
Did anyone take any for a test drive on the water?
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Quote from: Bryan Young on September 07, 2012, 05:34:35 PM
Bill,
Bryan

Hey Bill welcome.  By all means post some photos.  We are all very interested in the guts of the reel.  I for one use this site as my home page.  That way I don't have to look at a busy page trying to lure me into watching news videos of Lindsey Lohan.  Glad to have you on board.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Release Reels

Without "releasing" any secrets Bryan, the answer lies within your question!  ;) Through extensive prototype testing, we intentionally overstressed every component of the reel to find any weaknesses.  As that process evolved, we found that by fixing one problem we created another, so we kept adapting until we found a combination that works.  Just like the right blend makes Kentucky Fried Chicken irresistible, we hope our special blend of parts makes our reel irresistible too!

Bill

Quote from: Bryan Young on September 07, 2012, 09:38:20 PM
Hi Bill,

Post any reels that you so please that would help everyone get an idea behind your reels.  Internals are also good, such as anti-reverse systems, gearing, options, and probably the loaded question is...how can your little reel get 30# of drag with all of the competitors are only getting max 15-18# and have a high probability of damaging the pinion bearing.

Bryan

Bryan Young

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

bill, welcome to Mr. Tani's neighborhood and all the best to release reels...

Dominick

Quote from: Release Reels on September 10, 2012, 02:21:20 PM
As that process evolved, we found that by fixing one problem we created another, so we kept adapting until we found a combination that works.  Just like the right blend makes Kentucky Fried Chicken irresistible, we hope our special blend of parts makes our reel irresistible too!  Bill

Hi Bill, I'll take two reels, extra crispy.   :D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.