Albacore Fishing!! Santa Cruz, CA 9/1/12

Started by El Pescador, September 07, 2012, 12:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Quote from: El Pescador on September 07, 2012, 08:28:18 PM
, I don't fix reels to save money, it's a hobby, and it puts me in touch with others whom enjoy the same attributes which I enjoy.  We're a bunch of reel nuts!

See you out on the water...

Especially now that you've finally learned how to install a handle knob ;) ;D. Thanks for the report Wayne...good job!
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Quote from: Bryan Young on September 07, 2012, 05:38:42 PM
Quote from: Pescachaser on September 07, 2012, 03:58:28 AM
Good Job on the post Wayne.  I'm sorry I could not make, but you got to use my Albacore gear.  Sal we had it raw and seared.  It was delicioso.  My friends can borrow my equipment any time.  Especially guys like El Pescador that will take care of the stuff like it was their own.  Dominick
Wayne, did you upgrade Dominick's handles as well?
Nah.  I did them myself.  If Wayne had done them the handle on the Baja Special would not have a ding in it.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Joel.B

Quote from: El Pescador on September 07, 2012, 08:28:18 PM
Or try this math...

On the dock, you can purchase Albacore for $3.25/pound, and if the average fish weights 25 lbs., that is $81.25 per fish.
If the day costs me $267 for Charter, $60 for Deck Hand, $10 ice, $10 lunch = $347 divided by $81.25 = 4.3 fish I would have to catch, before offshore is the better deal, plus you have the day of fishing, and not picking up your fish on the wharf dock.

For me, I'll take fishing.  I don't fish to save money, I don't fix reels to save money, it's a hobby, and it puts me in touch with others whom enjoy the same attributes which I enjoy.  We're a bunch of reel nuts!

See you out on the water...

MY friend and his lady took a romantic holiday to Halfmoon Bay, I had him grab me a fresh albie from the docks- $65 for a #17 pounder.  I ate sashimi, sea-steak and BBQ albacore for the last two days, ate almost the whole thing. Just vacuum sealed the rest.     

NOt nearly as delicious as if I had caught it myself but still pretty danged good.   Last night I ate about 2# all to myself, sashimi. STomach was a little wonky this morning but it was worth it.

rshu

That sashimi looks amazing! Sounds like you had a great trip, and according to the math, it was well worth it! I am sold, now how do i sell it to the wife...

Sincerely,

Roger

El Pescador

Roger,

Have your wife call my wife, and you will be good to go.
I've cut a deal with my wife, who tells me, Fish all you want with your fishing buddies, and lets keep track of what you spend.  Then, once we have grandkids, I'll spend the same amount on them as you did with your fishing.
I told Jennifer, Fine, I agree, cause once the grandkids turn 10 years old, I'm TAKING THEM FISHING!!!!!

Post your days trip here so we can all enjoy the photos.
Get out on the water...  fish hard...  pull harder!

El Pescador!
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!