Some vintage Penn parts

Started by Alto Mare, September 16, 2012, 02:08:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Quote from: john2244 on September 16, 2012, 08:47:49 PM
Sal,
I have a 990 and just purchased a couple of 970's and a 980.  Do you think a 5 stack will fit in the 970 or 990 main gear.
Thanks for the info,
John
John, I  don't know about the 980, but on the 990 yes I believe you could. you need to get the thinner material though.
The 970 I believe it's just too shallow :-\.
I was amazed about that gear on the 990, compared to the 113H that gear is 5mm wider and the wall is 1mm thicker...nice gear.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Pescachaser on September 16, 2012, 09:01:09 PM
Quote from: broadway on September 16, 2012, 03:30:53 AM
Sal,
   You're sick... and I love ya for it!!!
If Alan made a photo album that's the centerfold.
You may also have one of the greatest wives of all time,
Dom

My sentiments exactly.  You are teriffic.  For all you other members that don't know Sal he is also generous.  He has helped me as well as several others on this site.  My vote for photo of the month with an autographed Alan Tani wrench.  Dominick
You guys don't do too bad yourselves  ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Quote from: Irish Jigger on September 16, 2012, 07:18:27 PM
An abridged list would do ;)
Quote from: Alto Mare on September 16, 2012, 05:52:25 PM
Not saing that John, you already know that I'm here for you if you need something. Off the top of my head I have some 3-349/3-99/3-10-1-118/3-910/3-970/3-990/5-970/5-990/3-210/3-310/3-320/3-330 and a lot more....

this is an abridged list  ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

harryk3616

ya got my vote    give him the wrench !

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Thanks guys but I already have the wrench. I bet mine is even better than Alans ;D

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: Keta on September 17, 2012, 03:53:56 AM
Wow!
x2, also may i clone your wife? ;)

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

broadway

Good call, Alan!
It's naughtiness for my eyes... Love it!
Well deserved Sal ;)
Dom

buitrechico

Wow!!!! What a great collection! ,it's a pleasure for the eyes to see so many parts together and in good condition. Well done Sal!
Ricardo Dell´Aquila

Nessie Hunter

They have a reality TV program about you Hoarders!!!!!!!!
Dial 911 and turn yourself in....   Good for the soul..   :-)

WOW!!!!! 
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Alto Mare

I would love to come over and see your place one day Frank ;D. I noticed that everytime you post pictures, they're always aimed at the same location. Knowing on how many reels you service, I'm wondering what you have stashed on the other side of the apartment :-\ ;D.

Nessie Hunter

LOL..... 

I have reduced my gear in the last 2 yrs to basics...??
Donated most of it (up to 10 reels at a time) to fishing programs and sites..
down to about 26/28 Reels and about the same in Rods....

Nothing like some of you guys and your collections..!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o

I mostly Bass fish from my Float Tube now, few outing with friends on Bass boats.
Some offshore stuff with the gang, Havnt been to Sierras, long range or Cabo in years. :-(

Slowing down in my old age.....

But thanks for the vote of confidence buddy.....   ;D      8)

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Alto Mare

You're still a young man Frank ;).