Some vintage Penn parts

Started by Alto Mare, September 16, 2012, 02:08:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

As you have probably noticed, I don't just collect reels, I also collect parts. Especially the ones that are hard to find. When I see them at a good price, I grab them. Here are a couple of shots of some of the parts that I've been working on for two days:

[I pulled the sleeve on every bridge, cleaned the parts, re-greased the sleeve and reassembled. There are lots of sleeves here, I was tempted to go with ss sleeves, but then I would have had to set up a payment plant to Alan :-\. I used Simple Green to clean the parts and break down the old grease. I used it straight out of the bottle, not diluted with water. I hit the gear sleeve with some air afterwards.

My wife threatened me that if I keep stinking up her laundry room , she's going to decorate my coffin with those parts :o

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

saltydog

Now I know who is getting all the parts,great collection.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

broadway

Sal,
   You're sick... and I love ya for it!!!
If Alan made a photo album that's the centerfold.
You may also have one of the greatest wives of all time,
Dom

bluefish69

Sal

At least you have a laundry room. I keep getting parts delivered yesterday was 2 packages & today 3 packages. I lost track of Plano Boxes with Parts. We live in a 2 Bed Room Coop. My work bench is the Armish made Oak table.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Bryan Young

Is your new nick name Bridge Plate?  Now I know who to call for some parts. ;D

You have a very loving wife or is she out of town this weekend?  Buy, clean and put away before she comes home?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

El Pescador

Sal,

IF my wife saw this bridge/sleeve/gear display in the garage, we'd be on a 10 day Western Caribbean Cruise so fast it would make your head spin, with me walking behind her saying, "Sweetheart, I can explain... I can explain"

You are a man truly committed to his hobby!  What a Photo!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

john2244

Sal,
Great collection, but I can not tell what they all fit.  How about a little (or Long) list.
John

Alto Mare

Too much to itemize John, sinse they're not for sale I don't have a need to. To give you an idea, most of the parts on that picture are not available today. If you need something just let me know, but I'm not sure if I could part with it :-\ . Later buddy, Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

john2244

OK, I am not looking for anything,  I was just wandering what reels they all fit.
John

Alto Mare

Not saing that John, you already know that I'm here for you if you need something. Off the top of my head I have some 3-349/3-99/3-10-1-118/3-910/3-970/3-990/5-970/5-990/3-210/3-310/3-320/3-330 and a lot more....

Irish Jigger

john2244

Sal,
I have a 990 and just purchased a couple of 970's and a 980.  Do you think a 5 stack will fit in the 970 or 990 main gear.
Thanks for the info,
John

redsetta

QuoteAn abridged list would do  ;)
:D ;D
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Dominick

Quote from: broadway on September 16, 2012, 03:30:53 AM
Sal,
   You're sick... and I love ya for it!!!
If Alan made a photo album that's the centerfold.
You may also have one of the greatest wives of all time,
Dom

My sentiments exactly.  You are teriffic.  For all you other members that don't know Sal he is also generous.  He has helped me as well as several others on this site.  My vote for photo of the month with an autographed Alan Tani wrench.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.