Reel Value

Started by tracker12, September 23, 2012, 01:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tracker12

My son-in-law came into this and a few other reels that he wants to unload.  Any idea on the value.  This is a 6/0 the other I think is either a squidder or jig master narrow.  Thnaks

tracker12

This is the other reel.

alantani

in general, you are looking at 40 to 80% of retail.  you might actually have an easier time parting out the reels. 

a fully accurized narrow jigmaster is worth easily $150 in parts. the guts aren't worth that much, but the handle is $20, spool is $40, the frame is $50, the side plates easily $60 or more, and even more it you have stainless steel high speed gears. 

a full accurized 6/0 high speed senator might top out at $300 in parts.  figure $20 for the guts, $20 for the handle, $60 for the spool, $80 for the frame, and $120 for the side plates, and an extra $60 for just high speed gears. 

for a quick sale, 2/3rds of retail would be worthwhile.  for it's full value, it would take someone that had a special interest in these types of reels.  good luck!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

also, get some quarter inch clear plastic tubing on that freespool lever before it digs into the side plate. 

Alto Mare

They are worth about $100 combined, I'll give you $150 ;D ;D

I believe Alan gave you a good estimate, I just want to add that they would be worth more if all colors matched, the two tone ones get a little less.
To get $300 for that 6/0 it needs to be spotless, no marks anywhere.
Guy that collect these want them with no marks, I see a few marks here and there, still you shouldn't have any problems selling them.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Irish Jigger

Quote from: Alto Mare on September 23, 2012, 05:15:11 PM
They are worth about $100 combined, I'll give you $150 ;D ;D

I believe Alan gave you a good estimate, I just want to add that they would be worth more if all colors matched, the two tone ones get a little less.
To get $300 for that 6/0 it needs to be spotless, no marks anywere.
Guy that collect these want them with no marks, I see a few marks here and there, still you shouldn't have any problems selling them.

x2, the second one's far too psychedelic for me. ;)

tracker12

Sounds like they need to go on Ebay and see what someone is willing to pay for them.  Not really interested to parting them out and sure wouldn't let the two go for $150.00.  Maybe $150.00 each.

Alto Mare

I can't use both, but would be interested in the 6/0.
You could get more on ebay, but when you're done with the fees, you're right back to $150 for each. If it happens to have ss gears I'll do $200.
Drop me a line if interested.
Thanks, Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

tracker12

Alto Mare

By the way guys, we are still negotiating and I do not need to have this reel. So, If anyone of you is willing to offer Tony more than $200, please don't feel bad about doing so.
I don't feel right about jumping on it as I did, everyone deserves a shot at it.
Sal

Bryan Young

I believe that parting out the reel would generate more money thank the whole...like car parts versus the whole car.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

I did not receive an answer jet, after thinking about it some more, I'm out. I forgot that my son's birthday is coming up next week, I will need that money for him. $200 is a good buy for this reel if any of you are interested, but it's still up to the seller. Good luck,
Sal

Tony, try to keep this reel complete if you can and make someone happy. It's not easy finding parts and it's not always about money.
Thanks!
Sal

tracker12

Reels are both still available.  I have no intention of parting them out.  They are in great shape and the build was very done very well.  My son-in-laws father lived near long beach and always went first class so I am sure whover id them for hims was very well qualified.  I'm going to give a couple boardsa week or so to see if anyone is interested in these.   If not I'lll list them on Ebay.

alantani