Return them right

Started by oldmanjoe, April 25, 2024, 02:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squidder Bidder and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Brewcrafter

Not sure of the name on the one I have; pretty happy with it, picked it up many years ago at the Hall Show.  Basically a spring loaded lip gripper with a place to clip a weight on the bottom.  Give a good hard tug and the jaws open. - john

Gfish

Side note, I was surprised to find-out the slow growth rate of Rockfish species and the age range of mature ones. For example: Black Rockfish up to 50yrs old and reach sexual maturity at 6-8 yrs. Old.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Keta

Yelloweye, short raker and others are even older.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Breadfan

This is so good to see on my favorite forum! My daughter (I've spoken about her a few times on this site) is taking her PHD in Marine Biology at Florida and it is this program (Return em' Right) that is paying for her education and employees her. She is doing a lot of the statistics and research on this device. Very cool to see it come around with people I've associated with on the forum. She is one of my favorite humans to fish with and she uses a conventional reel, of course, because that's what she saw me fish with.  :fish

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

oldmanjoe

Quote from: Breadfan on May 06, 2024, 01:39:24 PMThis is so good to see on my favorite forum! My daughter (I've spoken about her a few times on this site) is taking her PHD in Marine Biology at Florida and it is this program (Return em' Right) that is paying for her education and employees her. She is doing a lot of the statistics and research on this device. Very cool to see it come around with people I've associated with on the forum. She is one of my favorite humans to fish with and she uses a conventional reel, of course, because that's what she saw me fish with.  :fish
I wish to know more about the proper release depths and survival rates .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare