Anyone know who made this frame?

Started by rscotth, October 07, 2012, 03:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

I'm with Sal... fish it as is! ... The nice part is you won't mind when you get some boat rash ;)
Nice offer on the guncoating, Bob. I agree, It's good to see members donating time/ materials to help their bros out.
Also, do yourself a favor and remove, regrease, and reinstall those reel clamp screws... they look pretty corroded.
Best of luck with the new frame,
Dom

rscotth

Wow Cone- I was beside myself when I read your post! That is really super generous and ya know I am super tempted to take you up on that offer.

Is this the "gun kote" from Brownells? I've heard really good things about that on another non fishing related forum.

Black Matte does sounds awesome!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Cone

I didn't get it from Brownells. But it's the same product but not in an aeresol can. If you want it the offer still stands. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Cone

On the spool I did I didn't remove the anodizing. I did take the gloss off the finish and degrease it. It won;t fill in surface defects because it's such a thin coating. It's up to you.
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD