drag rebuild on a penn 285 delmar

Started by jamesnashtonbrady, September 27, 2012, 05:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George4741

Try this:

https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Penn285.aspx

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
viurem lliures o morirem

jamesnashtonbrady

yea im starting to think so. just head a idea and thought it would turn out nice. but hey onto the next project

Ron Jones

OK,

So I just realized that the 111 uses the same spool. I was thinking that the 60 spool was an intermediate size.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

jamesnashtonbrady

Quote from: George4741 on September 28, 2012, 03:50:18 AM
Try this:

https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Penn285.aspx

ok cool im going to look threw it tomorrow and probably call them. thanks

George4741

James, I hope I'm not putting a damper on your creativity.  This photo shows what I mean.

This is a 111 Senator and a 85 Seaboy, but same principle.  The sideplates are the same diameter, but the Senator has a groove to allow the chrome rings to fit properly.  The edges of the Seaboy sideplates are squared.  The chrome rings won't fit.  I hope this clears everything up.

You're right Ron.  The 111, 60, 85 and 285 spools are interchangeable.
  George
viurem lliures o morirem

George4741

Quote from: Alto Mare on September 28, 2012, 03:49:14 AM
Thanks for clearing things up George, sometimes the red plates get stuck in your head and mess everything up. I'm with you on that last comment.

Sal, I think some of the Penn designers were quite proud of all the confusion they created.  However, it must have driven the bean counters mad. ;D
viurem lliures o morirem

George4741

James,
I know this post is a day late and a dollar short, but here goes....

There is a rare wide version of the Delmar called the 286.  It has a longbeach 65 spool, stand and bars.  I've seen two of them.  However, it isn't any stronger than the 285.
viurem lliures o morirem

Ron Jones

Wouldn't the wide Del Mar be the same size as a 3/0?

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

George4741

I should have said I've seen them on the internet.  I've never examined one, but I believe the width is in between the black 2/0 and 3/0 senators.  That is why I think they have a 65 spool.
viurem lliures o morirem