Senator 9/0 (vintage) gear sleeve

Started by number41, September 29, 2012, 11:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tate

Sharks Hunter

Thanks for the confirmation!  That is what i thought.  Those are the two parts I currently have in my wishlist on Scott's site.  Time to convert to the cart and order.  Thx again.

Tate

Shark Hunter

You are welcome Tate!
You will also need some Cal's grease to grease the carbon fiber drags. You don't want to put them in dry.
Life is Good!

Tate

Thanks SH.  My Cal's should be showing up today along with various other goodies.

broschro

Black Pearl

You can also add a SS 2.8:1 gear set. That will be available around Dec.

broschro

:o
Quote from: Black Pearl on October 25, 2013, 02:44:38 PM
:o

Bryan Young

Quote from: Black Pearl on October 25, 2013, 02:44:38 PM
You are a "GEAR" de ;Daler for all of us "Gear Heads"
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dynamo

Does the reel foot look slightly bent or is it just me? If it is from the 40's it must have a 3-piece spool, unless the spool and left side plate were replaced. Be careful w. it, if you are it will last you forever and you will fish it forever ;D.

Bunnlevel Sharker

Black pearl is like the local dealer, except the ops can stop the local guy! ;D
Grayson Lanier

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Bunnlevel Sharker on October 25, 2013, 06:14:11 PM
Black pearl is like the local dealer, except the ops can stop the local guy! ;D
And I need my Fix! :P
of 114H and 115L gears! ;D
Life is Good!

Tate

Quote from: Dynamo on October 25, 2013, 05:04:03 PM
Does the reel foot look slightly bent or is it just me? If it is from the 40's it must have a 3-piece spool, unless the spool and left side plate were replaced. Be careful w. it, if you are it will last you forever and you will fish it forever ;D.

Dynamo

I think the pic just looks that way.  I checked it out and it looks good.  I thought I was babying my reels before.  Now that I found this site and the detailed info on reels, it's at a whole new level.

Tate

Dynamo

I see, that's good. And you have what spool, Tate?

Tate

Good question.  When I had it apart and was cleaning it a couple weeks ago I didn't notice a difference in the spool, but maybe because I am a newbie.  I will check it though.  I have it spooled now so not sure I can tell until I need to respool it.

Tate

Dynamo

One fool-proof way of knowing what spool you have is checking the side plate. take of the left side plate and look inside. If there is a bearing, you have a solid one piece spool. If there is a bushing, 3-piece.  Cheers!

Shark Hunter

You can tell if it has bushings or not just by looking at it. His has bushings.
Life is Good!