Torium and Trinidad A component swap?

Started by ekvp, October 02, 2012, 06:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ekvp

Wondering if anyone knows weather or not the new Trinidad A series drag stars would fit on the Toriums?

reefmonsta

Quote from: ekvp on October 02, 2012, 06:55:54 AM
Wondering if anyone knows weather or not the new Trinidad A series drag stars would fit on the Toriums?

No it doesnt, the design is different than that of the older TN series reels.
reefmonsta

ekvp

Awww. I know the handles fit,  :)hoped the stars would too. Thanks for the heads up.

reelgood

you may want to call shimano and check.  the trinidad 30DC has a different style star than the other older trinidads, not sure if it is the same as the one from the A series but you could look into that too.

reefmonsta

Quote from: ekvp on October 02, 2012, 07:57:37 AM
Awww. I know the handles fit,  :)hoped the stars would too. Thanks for the heads up.

The handle fits, but seems like you gotta use the outer puka, if not going hit the star. 

Quote from: reelgood on October 02, 2012, 06:48:36 PM
you may want to call shimano and check.  the trinidad 30DC has a different style star than the other older trinidads, not sure if it is the same as the one from the A series but you could look into that too.

I havent worked on DC30 but worked on plenty of trinidad tn30's 30A's and toriums.  The schematic on the DC30 (for the star) looks like the same or pretty close to the 30A, so probably not going to work. 
reefmonsta