Avet 30w question

Started by Earl, October 02, 2012, 11:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl

O.K. guy's. Tried again and this time used the premeasured water pail scale, as my real one only goes to 20#. What I got was 4# at "bait" and 28# at strike, still with the pre-set backed fully off. Didn't shuffle the bellevilles as tere's only the two, (). If anyone has any more idea's I'd love to hear them. Thanks to all.

Earl

Hello again. I think (hope) the problem is solved. Spoke to an avet rep earlier this week, and after going over and discounting all the possibilities,it comes down to the spool shaft. Either it's defective, or the wrong one. Either way it is too long. Not by much, but enough. Avet is ending me a new shaft kit, and that will hopefully solve the problem. Will post the results when i get it and install.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Earl

Hi again guy's. Just a quick up-date. Problem solved. Avet sent me a new part. Actually, they sent me two. A new spool shaft, part #032 as well as a new spacer, part #33. After determining that the new shaft was identical to the original I measured the new spacer. It is about 30thou (+/-) shorter than the original. I installed the new spacer, leaving the original shaft and voila, I now have a 30W reel that operates as it should. Don't know if the original spacer was meant for a different model, or just an oversize defect, but sure is nice to have the reel working in time to take to Mexico in a couple of weeks. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!