Anti reverse replacement

Started by trickytune, October 21, 2012, 07:45:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JGB

Be sure to ask for the SS versions (same price different part number).

The bearings are pressed in and out. It is best done with a press. when pressing use a large socket under the side plate so you do not flex or warp the side plate. You can use a hammer but be careful as it is easy to ruin the A/R.

Jim N.

ctran

Thanks Jim. I will order one today. I am thinking about using a large "C" clamp with a larger socket on each side to slowly press the bearing in.

day0ne

The E series Accurate actually has two AR bearings and I believe a spacer
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

ctran

Any idea of the cost? My reel handle rewinds with a fish pulls hard.

JGB

I think they run $27 each and you need 2 for the Eseries. $42 approx for the BE series (needs 1 bearing)

Jim N.

ctran

ctran

sent in my form to buy the AR bearings and it hasnt come home yet nor have i been charged. Its been almost two weeks. I contacted them to see if they have received the form and they told me that they did. Too eager to wait i decided to just take my reel apart and maintenance the spool and everything else while i waited. Got everyting done and just went ahead and decided to try to clean the AR bearing using the steps Alan described here http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=1632.0. Rather than using a brush to scrub the bearings, i decided to use a soft clean rag and run it through while twisting it forward in the direction that you would crank the handle. once done i lubed it with reel-x and a tiny amount of drag grease just to keep the oil in longer. Got the idea from CaptainJeremy of BD aka Hoogan on this site. put the reel back together and everyting seems to be working great. no back play on the handle. when i button down the drag and pull line out no rewind on the handle. No real world test on a hard pulling fish yet, but it seems to be working fine now.