Some days are pure magic...

Started by redsetta, October 26, 2012, 12:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetta

:D ;D
We actually kept all the heads for stock and have had them simmering in the slow cooker for the past two days.
It's the first time we've tried it and my wife's not thrilled about the aroma, but I've assured her it'll be worth the effort (I hope) ;)
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

redsetta

I sent this post to a friend and he replied with the below photo - a 928lb beast caught by his nephew, off Martha's Vineyard, two weeks ago...
Now that's impressive! ;)
(Love the woodwork on the boat, too)

Danhans

great report justin!!
love those bending rod photos..

redsetta

Great story love and I have to agree that it is one of the best eating fish. With tummies and freezers full of prime snapper filllets there'll be no complaints the next time you go out fishing ;) The woife xxx

Just realised my wife logged on and left the above comment - her first! ;) ;D

alantani

we should probably give her a login of her own!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Irish Jigger

You've got a good woman there Justin,catch of a lifetime. ;)

redsetta

Cheers Tom.
Quote...there'll be no complaints the next time you go out fishing.
Nonetheless, I'm glad I got that in writing ;) ;D

Dominick

Sounds like you got lucky.  She also spells phonetically,  ;D love it.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

johndtuttle

Thx for the fine post. As anglers we are blessed to have some of the finest eating imaginable as our reward :).

Dominick

Hey Justin:  Even I feel that fish stock smells too fishy when it is cooking.  But once it is in a fish soup dish there is nothing like it.  I bet the woife liked it.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

redsetta

Spot on Dominick - she's onboard with the concept now ;) ;D

redsetta

G'day all,
Just had a friend send this through - a 445lb Yellowfin caught off the Excel out of San Diego.
Apparently would've been a world record, but the guy had to give the rod to the skipper because the line was caught around the prop and had to be cleared.

Cheers, Justin

Dominick

Justin:  all I can say is WOW! Dominick