slowing down again?

Started by alantani, December 04, 2012, 04:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Did anyone notice we got over 1900 members today?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

conchydong

Movin' much better this evening.  :) :) :)

alantani

spent yesterday clearing out 50 pages of spam/bot hits.  what a mess.  i have been banning individual ip address, one at a time.  it makes the task a little easier every day.  i think we have reached a standoff.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Very slooooooooow here in the NE today, I actually lost patience and logged out a few times. :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Jerseymic

very very slow also in the U.K. tonight.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

in my neck of the woods too... >:(

conchydong

Very, very slow again........

Kaiser

as a new member I noticed it but just thought it was normal. That is a real shame.

alantani

i went through 20 pages of spammers today.  been doing the same thing every day for the last 2 weeks.   >:(

dobrobill

alantani

just spoke to godaddy.  yes we have unlmited bandwidth, meaning an unlimited amount of data can  be uploaded or downloaded, but it is through a "small pipe."  it's an old service.  we will be switched over to "grid" hosting which is supposed to be a faster service, or a "larger" pipe.  the changes will take effect over the next 24 hours.  we shall see how much of an effect this has.  the next level, if we stay with godaddy, is a dedicated server, which is $800-2,000 per year.  let's hope this grid thing works........   :-\

Alto Mare

Very good!
Lets hope it gets better, I can hardly get on tonight :-\. Let us know what our share is, you shouldn't be paying for the upgrade.

alantani

remember, we do not have to stay with godaddy.  there are other hosting services that offer dedicated servers.  like so many other things, it is just a matter of money. 

Irish Jigger

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 12, 2012, 12:51:36 AM
Very good!  Let us know what our share is, you shouldn't be paying for the upgrade.

X2

Alto Mare

There are close to 2,000 members that log in daily. Since you do not advertise,  each member could chip in $5....small price to pay  for this great site.
This would generate $10,000, that should get you the best of whatever is available out there.....just a thought :-\