SOA 2016-More pics

Started by Big Tim, June 26, 2016, 01:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Reel Tired  ;D Great Time, goodnight  ;D Awesome Boat, crew, Capt. and shipmates.

BT

Lunch today...Seared Hamachi Kama with a spicy lobster roll, topped with yellowtail and spicy sriracha mayo and sesame seeds

Looking out back with Mark T' on the right and Matty Ice in the back...The Kid was solid

Left to right..Warren, Joel & my roomy for the week Jonathan...All solid fisherman with strong livers too... ;D

Meet Steve...He gave away a nice custom wrapped Calstar rod won by Tomas.

Looking into the galley with Frank an Anne Marie

The Energizer Bunny...Lee Putnam  ;D I love this guy!!!

Alan in the back, Bill my driver for the week in front Peaches and Brendan sitting left to right

Give aways!!!

only a few empty spots on the rail  ;D

Jonathan and Me rolling into Isla Natividad???

Rolling into the evening

Some one thought it was wise to bring 1# squid and then ruin Matt

Bryan Young

Very nice Tim. Where is everyone else?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

David Hall

Tim was all alone?  It must have been like a ghost ship? 

Big Tim

Quote from: Bryan Young on June 26, 2016, 01:40:03 AM
Very nice Tim. Where is everyone else?

;D ;D ;D I'm sure there will be plenty more pics? Or maybe it was a Ghost ship  ;D Fantastic time again.  Thanks Alan and the SOA crew.

Tim

MarkT

We all ate too much, drank too much, caught lots of fish and will do it all again!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Aiala

Clearly a terrific time was had by all... as expected!   :)

Did you luck into any tuna, or was it straight YTs?

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Wally15

Had a great time. YT's were not wide open like last year, but we still managed a respectable haul. Didn't stop for tuna....straight to Cedros.
Someone else will have to post pics, I left my camera at home.
Made it back to S Ga about 5 PM west coast time. It was a humid 103 degrees when I landed in ATL.
Good fishing, good food, and great fellowship.
GA Mike
AKA Peaches
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Big Tim

Quote from: Aiala on June 26, 2016, 02:22:47 AM
Clearly a terrific time was had by all... as expected!   :)

Did you luck into any tuna, or was it straight YTs?

~A~

No Tuna, but I got a nice Bonita that was made into sashimi...Very nice!

BT

MarkT

It was windy and fairly rough on Monday heading south so we didn't make good time. We arrived at Cedros late on Tuesday afternoon. There was no sign of Tuna on the way down. One White Sea Bass and 2 YT were caught on the dropper loop at Cedros by 14 year old Matty when we arrived on Tuesday evening. We had a total of 12 YT that day. Most YT came at San Benitos like last year with a bunch at the boiler by San Martin on Friday morning.

Tim's Bonito was big, I'd guess pushing 10#. I was resting and playing on my iPad in my room and missed the Sashimi!

Sara, at 5 Star, said 11 Yellowtail were being allocated per person so we did pretty good. I just took 4 whole ones and hit the road. I was home by 8:30am.

Georgia Mike, aka Peaches, does like his "Turkey Sammiches"!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

David Hall

Can't wait to read the stories and see the pictures.  Looks like it was an excellent trip.