Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalAngler

Thought I would share a pic.

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Alto Mare

Nice looking Rooster Mark!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

David Hall

Nice Rooster!  What hear did you use, line, jig? Rig? Did you wear a hat?
Details my good man details!

spc7669

steelfish

Awesome Gallo mi amigo,
Trolled or casted?
The Baja Guy

Cortez_Conversions

Nice Gallo! Where did you catch it?
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Shark Hunter

Now your Livin' Mark!
Life is Good!

SoCalAngler

I was down in Loreto, B.C.S. fishing a tourney. First three days was spent off shore looking for pelagic s with only one knock down from a no-see-um, so no sails, marlin or dorado. The last day of the 2 day tourney I said we should stay inside and look for the usual suspects, which paid off with cabrea, pargo, dinner plate sized triggers and one gallo which weighed in at 42 lbs and was the biggest fish of the event. We don't normally keep roosters but this one was gill hooked and bleeding out so instead of it being worm food we donated it to needy families.

The fish was caught slow trolling live mackerel at one of our favorite spots for big roosters. This was a nice sized fish but this area has put out 90 lbers before.

David Hall

Dominick

Terrific.  Those roosters really pull like crazy.  Congratulations.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

SoCalAngler

I just got some pic's from the tourney officials at the weigh in.

Here is the crew from left to right.

First is Rick Hill from Sea and Land Tours in Loreto, Rick also provides the Loreto fishing info for several web based providers like Baja Bytes. Bloody Decks and other fishing sources like (WON) Western Outdoor News. Next is me. Third is Tony, A.K.A. "Palapa" for this trip, who is a local captian to Loreto. And last but not least is my father.

johndtuttle

Nice fish. 42lbs of Gallo can pull hard!

;)