Request: Can someone help me with a Spool Spring for an Avet SX MC 5.3?

Started by Jon_Kol, December 07, 2015, 11:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon_Kol

Hi!

Just following up on my previous post here. I gave the Spool Spring from my Avet SX MC 5.3 to fix a MXL for a costumer who sent me that reel in pieces in a plastic bag.

Sadly, there's no company importing Avet to Norway anymore and I've never gotten a reply from Avet in the US when sending them e-mails. However, people here at alantani.com have always been helpful and sent me small parts, even though I'm not a US citizen. So I'm hoping that someone can come to my aid once more.

Is it possible that someone here can help me get hold of the Spool Spring needed so that I can get my SX MC 5.3 back in service? I have an Paypal account and will of course cover item cost + shipping to Norway. Just don't send the spring in a big, heavy box, please.  :D

Please let me know if you can help me out. It's no rush, since it's winter and a bit off-season here at the moment, but it would be nice getting the part back in the reel and knowing that it's good to go.

Thanks for reading!

-Jon-

Jon_Kol

.. or if someone knows where I can order the part? I can always try directly from Avet once again, but like I said - I've never gotten a reply from them in the past.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Jon_Kol

Quote from: Bryan Young on December 08, 2015, 01:38:56 PM
Hi Jon,

Can you send me the part number?

Thanks,
Bryan

Thank you, sending a PM with the part number as we speak.

-Jon-

Jon_Kol

I just got contacted by another guy who also has had no luck getting a reply from Avet, even though he's tried several times.

He's looking for the following parts for his Avet JX 6.4.1:

73- Reel Foot Studs (2 req.)    JX4.6-073
74- Reel Foot Clamp            JX4.6-074
75- Reel Foot Nut                  JX4.6-075

Is this something that you might be able to assist me with as well, Bryan?

Bryan Young

Quote from: Jon_Kol on December 17, 2015, 10:55:31 PM
I just got contacted by another guy who also has had no luck getting a reply from Avet, even though he's tried several times.

74- Reel Foot Clamp            JX4.6-074
75- Reel Foot Nut                  JX4.6-075

Sure Jon.  What is the reel color for the clamp?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Jon_Kol

Quote from: Bryan Young on December 17, 2015, 11:36:02 PM
Quote from: Jon_Kol on December 17, 2015, 10:55:31 PM

74- Reel Foot Clamp            JX4.6-074
75- Reel Foot Nut                  JX4.6-075

Sure Jon.  What is the reel color for the clamp?

Thanks again, hope you got my e-mail.