For Sale $64.99 ea: 416 Stainless Steel Heat Treated 4:1 Gear Set for PENN 113H

Started by Black Pearl, January 22, 2013, 01:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Pearl

Quote from: Keta on January 25, 2013, 07:04:58 PM
First come first served.  I could probably match this price or close but I'd be doing the assembly work at a loss.
Lee,

Would you take care of these members' order for me then? Therefore, they don't have to wait. Guys, please contact Lee for your order.

Keta

I'm way behind you, go for it.  I'm trying to fund some taps for drag stars right now, working with Bryan on Daiwa drag washers, some other things that might be interesting and gears have been put way back on my list.  So far I've only has stock Penn gears to work with and have a rough price.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

VW

Do not need 113H gears at this time.

My wish list:
Next - 114H
to follow - 500, both 5:1 and 4:1.  4:1 is a very useful ratio for these reels and some strong, corrosion resistant SS gears would be nice.  Newell used to make them.

Black Pearl

Quote from: Keta on January 25, 2013, 08:03:13 PM
I'm way behind you, go for it.  I'm trying to fund some taps for drag stars right now, working with Bryan on Daiwa drag washers, some other things that might be interesting and gears have been put way back on my list.  So far I've only has stock Penn gears to work with and have a rough price.
Ok, Lee. I will keep working on this.

seaeagle2

As a total amateur that was thinking, "how hard can it be to get gears made", let me tell you that  it's a real pain.  A while ago I figured how hard can it be, I live in the Seattle Area, there's tons of small machine shops that make parts for Boeing.  Trust me there is a lot of stuff that goes into it.  This type of gear has one company make the blank and another cut the teeth, and they need you to tell them exact specs, and they have a minimum quantity and a set up fee, etc.  Bottom line, if somebody has managed to get all the pieces of the puzzle put together and it's not going to break the bank, I would like to extend a huge thankyou for your efforts..
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

Keta

Quote from: seaeagle2 on January 26, 2013, 03:39:11 PM
As a total amateur that was thinking, "how hard can it be to get gears made", let me tell you that  it's a real pain.  A while ago I figured how hard can it be, I live in the Seattle Area, there's tons of small machine shops that make parts for Boeing.  Trust me there is a lot of stuff that goes into it.  This type of gear has one company make the blank and another cut the teeth, and they need you to tell them exact specs, and they have a minimum quantity and a set up fee, etc.  Bottom line, if somebody has managed to get all the pieces of the puzzle put together and it's not going to break the bank, I would like to extend a huge thankyou for your efforts..

Yup, I have a shop in Portland that will supply the finished rough parts but even the clean up and pressing the hob on the pinion take time, there is also a high minimum order.   Black Pearl has done us a big favor making these available.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Sky King Joe

Good Day Gentlemen,
I would like to preorder:
3 sets of the 4:1 stainless steel gears for the Penn 113H
Sky King Joe
Pompano Beach Florida
Please advise when available
Thank you,
Joe

Makule

I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

wascallywabit

pullrachet

please put me down for 2 sets (113h), located on Oahu, Hawaii thanks!

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

GalvestonGuy

Interested but what are the advantages of this Gear Set verses the factory. I recently picked up a Penn/Accurate 113H that might be a "Transplant Candidate" : )

erikpowell

Bula Alan,

Please put me down for a 113H set as well.
I'm in Fiji but I have a US address to send to when they're ready.
Vinaka!
Erik

p.s.- 500/501/112H would be on my wish list too!  1 each

Black Pearl

Quote from: GalvestonGuy on February 05, 2013, 02:33:31 AM
Interested but what are the advantages of this Gear Set verses the factory. I recently picked up a Penn/Accurate 113H that might be a "Transplant Candidate" : )

The advantages are the following:

1.) The main gear is in 316 graded stainless steel while the factory is using bronze (brass) material.
2.) Both pinion and main gears are helical cut. It is quieter with a straight cut gears.