For Sale $64.99 ea: 416 Stainless Steel Heat Treated 4:1 Gear Set for PENN 113H

Started by Black Pearl, January 22, 2013, 01:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaeagle2

Quote from: Black Pearl Fishing Tackle on February 05, 2013, 05:14:35 AM
Quote from: GalvestonGuy on February 05, 2013, 02:33:31 AM
Interested but what are the advantages of this Gear Set verses the factory. I recently picked up a Penn/Accurate 113H that might be a "Transplant Candidate" : )

The advantages are the following:

1.) The main gear is in 316 graded stainless steel while the factory is using bronze (brass) material.
2.) Both pinion and main gears are helical cut. It is quieter with a straight cut gears.
You forgot the stock factory gear ratio is 3.25 to 1, these are 4 to 1 so you get faster retrieve. ;D
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

melkapule

I will take two sets for the 113h.
Kawaihae, Hawaii

Would also like two sets for the 114h when they become available.
Thank you,
Melvin

Taily

I'd like two sets please.

Sydney, Australia.

Please let me know how much and how to get you your dollars?

Regards,

Dave.
Nunc est bibendum....

Black Pearl

Quote from: Taily on February 07, 2013, 04:37:14 AM
I'd like two sets please.

Sydney, Australia.

Please let me know how much and how to get you your dollars?

Regards,

Dave.

Hi Dave,

Don't worry, I will let you know the total payment when they are ready to be shipped out.

Thanks,
--Alan

Jaanman

I will take 2 sets for the 113H .
Saint Cloud , Fl.
Thanks you
Larry

Black Pearl

Hi guys,

Just a quick update on this project.

1.) After few sets of testing, everything is coming together, and everything is good to go.
2.) The first batch of this SS316 113H gear set (18 sets) will be here next week 03/20/2013.
3.) I will let Sal checks it out first before sending the rest of the 16 sets to other member (in ordered sequence).
4.) This SS316 gear feels much smoother and stronger during testing between the SS304 gear set, which sells on Ebay. I will let Sal makes that judgement.

I will take some pictures and post them here.

Sal, please send me your email address, so I can send you an invoice via PayPal. You can also send me a personal check if you want.

bonez808

Thanks for taking the time and effort to get these goodies for us. I would like 5 sets (113H).  Please let me know when and where to send payment.  Mahalo,
Loren
Honolulu, Hawaii

2 G,s

Black Pearl

Uploaded few pictures of the gear set in the first posting.

doradoben

rjones

Rob

Black Pearl

Quote from: rjones on March 18, 2013, 09:34:45 PM
can't wait to get it

It seems that you will make it to receive a set in the first batch. Of course, we will still have to wait until Sal tests it out before I can ship out the remaining 16 sets on the list.

Each person will get one set from the first batch. If a person reserved 2 or sets, he will receive the rest in the main production ran batch on June or July.

RowdyW

Can't wait! It looks like I'm at the top of the list.  I hope Sal puts this on his #1 Priority List.

Alto Mare

Rowdy, don't base buying your gears on my test. Alan simply asked if I would look them over and out of respect for him, I be more than happy to do so.
Let's keep in mind that I'm not a Metal Engineer. I will install the gears in a reel and give it what I believe to be a good work out.
I will also be doing some comparisons with my other gears and that's about it.
I hope it will be of some help to all.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.