Main Menu

New Guy

Started by Jes301, January 22, 2013, 06:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jes301

Hello New guy here. Fishing season is done for me for now so I been doing some cleaning and repairs and upgrades on my reels and i'm happy that i found this site! Thanks Alan for sitting up this site for us!

Bryan Young

Welcome Jes. Let us know if we can help when you run into trouble.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

saltydog

Welcome from Texas.
William
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Cone

Welcome. there are a lot of people here willing to help if you need it. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

kamuwela

Bill B

Welcome from the Sac Delta
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Jes301

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Norcal Pescador

Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Dominick

Welcome Jes301:  My fishing season is over also, but my garage is too cold to work on servicing my reels.  Even with a bottle of zinfandel ;).  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

welcome to Mr. Tani's neighborhood...

alantani

well, jesse is in pennsylvania (he just ordered a bearing packer) and it's gotta be a ALOT colder there.   maybe he's single and can work on his kitchen table inside.  or maybe he hasn't gotten grease on the table yet and his wife has not banished him to the garage (yet).  yes, jesse, you've guessed correctly.  most of us got kicked out of the house by our wives and have to work in the garage....   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Irish Jigger

Welcome aboard Jes, my sea fishing season has ended too, roll on May.

Alto Mare

Quote from: alantani on January 23, 2013, 05:16:03 PM
well, jesse is in pennsylvania (he just ordered a bearing packer) and it's gotta be a ALOT colder there.   maybe he's single and can work on his kitchen table inside.  or maybe he hasn't gotten grease on the table yet and his wife has not banished him to the garage (yet).  yes, jesse, you've guessed correctly.  most of us got kicked out of the house by our wives and have to work in the garage....   ;D
A wood burning stove might fix that  ;)
It's not that cold here, Alan. Your pants feel like cardboad just by walking to the car....I wish i was on the boat ;D

Welcome Jesse!
Sal..... also from PA.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

I used to deer hunt Pennsylvania in the winter.  Try a deer stand at 5:30 a.m. and you will know cold.  Here is a little bit of verse from one of my favorite stories of the Yukon, The Cremation of Sam Mc Gee, by Robert W. Service:

"On a Christmas Day we were mushing our way over the Dawson trail.
Talk of your cold! through the parka's fold it stabbed like a driven nail.
If our eyes we'd close, then the lashes froze till sometimes we couldn't see;
It wasn't much fun, but the only one to whimper was Sam McGee."

Go to this link for the whole poem.  http://www.robertwservice.com/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=95&keywords=Cremation         Great read.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.