Quantum reels

Started by BMITCH, January 17, 2013, 10:16:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMITCH

Hi Dawn, wanted to upgrade the drags in a couple of Quantum reels. I have a Boca PTS-60 and a Cabo PTS-70. Both of these use the same washers above and below the spool. I didn't see any set listed in the price list for Quantum reels. Is this something you have that is not listed? If not, and I give you the ID and OD of the washers can these be made? The size list that I have for cross ref. does not have these sizes listed. They are as follows....top of spool washers(4 carbontex) OD. 23.50mm. ID. 5.30mm. The single large carbontex washer under the spool is OD. 33.50mm. ID. 13.20mm.  These measurements were made with a cheap set of calipers, so that is as close as I could get. Any help would be great.

Thanks, Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Bryan Young

Bob, you may want to send Dawn the washer thickness as well.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

BMITCH

Good idea Bryan. Dawn, the thinnest carbontex that you have. The ceramic washers coming out of this reel are really thin. Like .50 or .55 mm. Thanks

Fishnmike

I did the drags on a Quantum reel a couple weeks ago. I ordered them by ID, OD and thickness from Dawn and they fit great.

BMITCH

Fish mike, did they have to special cut to your spec's? Or did they already have them made up? I couldn't find the same sized carbontex washers on the size chart. This is the problem right now.

Fishnmike

She had ones that were really, really close so I picked those. If you don't find ones that match in mm, you might remeasure in inches and see if she has some that are a closer match.

george.s

there is cabo 60-80 on Dawn's price list set of 6. $16

Dawn

Hi
Sorry I've been absent.
The set above will work for your reels.  Just give me a call, or email.

Dawn
888-206-4656
info@smoothdrag.com
Dawn

BMITCH

Dawn, ordered with you today. Just didn't see them on the price sheet. Thanks to all for the input and guidance.