Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Quote from: johndtuttle on March 09, 2013, 12:46:34 AM
No, but I get dingle berries ;D

Those Klingons hang out around Uranus.
[/quote]

Lee that is very funny.   ;D ;D ;D ;D
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Pescachaser on March 09, 2013, 09:55:42 PM
Quote from: johndtuttle on March 09, 2013, 12:46:34 AM
No, but I get dingle berries ;D

Those Klingons hang out around Uranus.

Lee that is very funny.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

[/quote]

:P :P :P

In the northern area of the coast around Trinidad, we're limited to 120 feet, but because the current is so strong, I use a 4-6 ounce jig or sinker. And my mono is 20-pound because with the drift my scope goes way up with 30-pound.

No Klingons (hitchhikers) yet.
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Quote from: Bryan Young on March 08, 2013, 07:12:24 PM
240 feet, but often we are fishing in less than 100 feet.
Brian, are you sure about this depth?  I thought we had to stay inside the 30 fathom mark which is 180 feet.  I don't want you or anyone, to get cited for fishing too deep.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bryan Young

I just added a diagram of my rigging.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

jlezama

jlezama

nevermind just saw it  ;D... let me go home and then post some questions...

Ron Jones

Bryan,
Quite a rig. Never thought of getting that involved. I just tie a perfection loop with a tag long enough to keep the bait out of the garbage at the bottom with an appropriately weighted sinker on it and slide a hook on the loop. If it is legal I will use two loops. A herring goes on the hook and I catch dinner.

Funny, I have done that all over the planet and it always works.

This is my most effective deep water method, but my favorite is pipe jigs, always amazes me when a copper pipe catches fish.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Bryan Young

Hi Ron,

Copper pipe works great because it produces a slight amount of electricity that is common to bait fish. I thought about making a bunch, but it is bad for coral reefs.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ron Jones

Huh,

Never thought about using them out here, I always use them in ugly deep water.

By the way, the bite is on out here. I'm fishin at Iroquois Point and the papio and oio are everywhere. Buddies kid caught am 8 pound oio on 12 pound spinning gear...HOLD ON FOR YOUR LIFE!! Whippin, dunkin, don't matter it's working.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

jlezama

Hi Bryan
           About the snap swivel connection to the jig... I read somewhere and talked to some people, that suggested instead of using the snap swivel to actually just set them in a loop so they flutter more freely while coming down. It makes sense when you look at the huge welded rings in the candy bars but havent thought about it for regular diamond jigs (or bars) what do you think?
Juan

Bryan Young

My snap swivels are rated #200. Their fairly large snapping onto jump rings. There are plenty of freedom for the lure to flutter.

Bryan Young

I posted this in the post with my description, but you would need to go to page one, so here it is.