Drag Washer 006 113H

Started by Robalo, January 24, 2010, 08:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robalo

Is there an alternate for this washer? I have 4 reels waiting for this washer. I have
similar sized HT washers but not as rigid or thick as original factory washer. It maybe
that PENN is slow to ship to POrtland OR. I  may need to find an alternate source.

regards
Bill

akfish

Do your reels have 5 stack or 3 stack drags? If they are the older 3 stack, you really should upgrade them to 5 stack drags. That will require both metal and fiber washers. If they are 5 stack, you can use 320 washers (006 320) instead of 113H washers (006 113H) but you will need to add a metal washer to make the drag stack the same height. Whatever you do, your drag will be smoother if you coat the washers with Cal's Drag Grease.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

alantani

mysticparts.com ....

also, if you have old gummed up corroded ht-100's, you could actually just clean them up a little, slap a thick coat of cal's grease on them, throw them back in the reel and let them go until you can get newer washers.  quite a while back, a 12 year old kid walked into the local shop with an old long beach 60.  he was looking for someone to take a look at it and possibly fix it.  with the permission of the manager at the shop, i cracked it open right there, cleaned up the old ht-100 drags, greased them and lubed the rest of the reel.  it actually worked just fine.  
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Robalo

It's a 5 stack, I think I will try the alternative 006 320.
I have a pile of them on hand.

Thanks Much
Bill

alantani

also, i've got about 50 in inventory.  i can mail them up to you if you wish.  when yours arrive, just send them back down to me.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Robalo

Alan

Ollie D says the drags are in, still waiting for some Shimano stuff.
Thanks for the offer. I've been doing marine electronics in the interm.
It's been quite nice to work outside lately, unlike the summer time
no high winds.

Regards
Bill