5:1 Ratio 316 SUS Gear Set For JigMaster 500/501

Started by Black Pearl, March 19, 2013, 11:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

These should fit the Penn 505 and 506.  The difference is that you will have greater space between the sideplate and the gear.  You may need to fill it with an extra washer.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

maxpowers

Alan,

If there is any left from the first run I would like to get a set  If not when will the second run commence?

Thanks,

Black Pearl

Quote from: maxpowers on September 28, 2013, 08:29:07 PM
Alan,

If there is any left from the first run I would like to get a set  If not when will the second run commence?

Thanks,
So far, I don't know if there is any left from the first run (20 sets). I will have better idea after I receive the shipment. If a person I send a pm to, and he does not reply within 3 days, then I will post it here and let everybody knows how many I have left on hand. It will be first come first server at that time.

maxpowers

Quote from: Bryan Young on September 27, 2013, 10:25:28 PM
These should fit the Penn 505 and 506.  The difference is that you will have greater space between the sideplate and the gear.  You may need to fill it with an extra washer.

Bryan,

regarding the fitment, will the pinion fit and when you mentioned that washer is needed where would it goes?  Do you meant in the drag stack?

Bryan Young

I'm only speaking of the main gear. I'm not sure of the pinion fitment as I am not aware of the design constraints.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Black Pearl

Quote from: maxpowers on October 02, 2013, 06:03:59 AM
Quote from: Bryan Young on September 27, 2013, 10:25:28 PM

Bryan,

regarding the fitment, will the pinion fit and when you mentioned that washer is needed where would it goes?  Do you meant in the drag stack?
This Jigmaster 500/501 will not work on 505/506 at all because the ID diameter is not the same as 505/506.

Black Pearl

Here it goes again.

There are only 18 sets available, and they are on their way to FL right now.

Please note that there are 10 sets custom gear sets (it milled 1mm deeper inside the main gear), and there are 8 sets regular.

I will send out an email to some members on their order. One set per member on the this first run sample sets.

Thanks,
--Alan

Ron Jones

Alan,
I am almost certain that the 505/506 use the same drag washers, these gears should fit. The factory gear sleve has a different thread pitch but the diameter is the same. I think the pinion might need a little work but it should not be a big deal.

Of course, I could be out to lunch. ;D

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Black Pearl

Quote from: noyb72 on October 03, 2013, 06:50:07 PM
Alan,
I am almost certain that the 505/506 use the same drag washers, these gears should fit. The factory gear sleve has a different thread pitch but the diameter is the same. I think the pinion might need a little work but it should not be a big deal.

Ron
I believe that the 500 ID pinion (spool shaft hole) is smaller than the 505. Therefore, my pinion gear will not fit the 505 spool shaft.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Black Pearl on October 03, 2013, 07:00:42 PM
Quote from: noyb72 on October 03, 2013, 06:50:07 PM
Alan,

Ron
I believe that the 500 ID pinion (spool shaft hole) is smaller than the 505. Therefore, my pinion gear will not fit the 505 spool shaft.

Yes, but the other way around ;D. These Jigmaster  500 gears should work nicely in the 505/506.
The pinion is usually a little loose, but from knowing the way your machinist cuts these gears, I believe they will be almost perfect ....very little movement on the 505/506.
bottom line; the 500 gear set will work on the 505/506.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Black Pearl

Those 18 gear sets will be here on Monday.

Please send me a PM or email if you want to know if your name is on my list and let me know if your order is for original or custom main gear.

Guys, I can't wait to see these gears. My guys told me that it is amazing smooth, quiet and great strength. I guess that it is worth to wait and make sure everything is prefect......

Thanks guys,

--Alan

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Black Pearl