5:1 Ratio 316 SUS Gear Set For JigMaster 500/501

Started by Black Pearl, March 19, 2013, 11:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WTFOBaja

Thank you to sal and bryan for the info. I am still in for two sets and i'll give the 500 pinion a shot. Neal.

Lazaro85

john2244

floating doc

Central Florida

Norcal Pescador

Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

broadway

Alan,
    I'd prefer the 5 stack over the 3 stack if they come to fruition.  If you're making the customized gear I'll take those... if you don't I'll take the regular 3 stack.
Thanks
Dom

Black Pearl

Quote from: broadway on May 29, 2013, 12:52:19 AM
Alan,
    I'd prefer the 5 stack over the 3 stack if they come to fruition.  If you're making the customized gear I'll take those... if you don't I'll take the regular 3 stack.
Thanks
Dom
Dom,
5 stacks was supposed to be a secret. :)

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Black Pearl on May 29, 2013, 01:06:27 AM
Quote from: broadway on May 29, 2013, 12:52:19 AM
Alan,
Thanks
Dom
Dom,
5 stacks was supposed to be a secret. :)

Now you've done it, Dom. :D
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Joel.B

Bryan Young

Not to hijack this thread, but I'm working on a 5+1 carbon fiber plus metal washers drag kit that will fit the normal Jigmaster 500/501 and Penn 112H gearset.  We just got the materials and are going to the cutter today.  We are cutting 100 sets.  We will soon try them out on older steel gears and a new brass gear set to see how they do.  I'm hoping for a solid 15# of drag with max of 20# given the ears on the drag set doesn't give our or the gears strip out.  Will keep you guys advised.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

BMITCH

Hey bryan, sounds very exciting. Will the falt washers fit inside the hex drop-in that Keta made?
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Bryan Young

No they won't. This set will be like what is in the reel already but will see if we can fit 10 washers in the gear instead of 6 (5 metal and 5 carbon fiber).
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.