5:1 Ratio 316 SUS Gear Set For JigMaster 500/501

Started by Black Pearl, March 19, 2013, 11:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 G,s

floating doc

I bought a 112HN frame and spool. I'm definitely in now! Any idea when the gears will be ready? ;D
Central Florida

Black Pearl

Quote from: floating doc on June 24, 2013, 06:04:32 PM
I bought a 112HN frame and spool. I'm definitely in now! Any idea when the gears will be ready? ;D

Hi,

We just finished up the 114H first 20 sets. We are going to start making the initial testing JM 500/ 112H gear set. If everything is turning out perfect, we will start the first 20 sets 112H first. It will be a month before I will have the first 20 set batch.

If you can not wait for that long, you might want to check with Dawn at Smooth Drag if she has the 112H from her resource ready to go.

Thanks,
--Alan

Greenroom

I'm still in, and could probaly take a 3rd set. Can't wait. Fun stuff!

mbg60

This reminds me of the old ketchup commercial...............anticipation.  I can hear Carly Simon's voice.

napilimaui

floating doc

If you can not wait for that long, you might want to check with Dawn at Smooth Drag if she has the 112H from her resource ready to go.

Thanks,
--Alan
[/quote]

I'm going to wait for the Black Pearl set, but thanks for the referral. I'm slowly accumulating parts; I have my donor reel and the frame/spool. The drag set arrived today.
Central Florida

lasparky11

How your time frame Alan? Leaving on the 8/18 for a 6 day. I got a chance to use the 4:1 gears in my ProGear 545 worked great nice & smooth.

Black Pearl

Quote from: lasparky11 on July 18, 2013, 05:08:33 AM
How your time frame Alan? Leaving on the 8/18 for a 6 day. I got a chance to use the 4:1 gears in my ProGear 545 worked great nice & smooth.
Hi there,

I don't think I will be able to make it on that date. We are taking little more time on the pinion gear because it requires a very precision cutting on it. My guys are working very hard to try to make it 99.9% prefect for a true 5:1 gear set. The earliest for the first 20 sets will be around the end of August. Please note that there will be 2 model (original and an extra 1mm mills in the main gear) on this JM 500 gear set.

You know my gear set is good and smooth like silk.

Did you know that the 114H gear we just made was so smooth and quiet that you won't even know it has gear in the reel?

thinket

hi alan,

what's approximate due date for penn 500 gear set?  i'd like to get the gears with drag set and ss sleeves.

thanks ralph

Black Pearl

Quote from: thinket on August 24, 2013, 05:52:02 PM
hi alan,

what's approximate due date for penn 500 gear set?  i'd like to get the gears with drag set and ss sleeves.

thanks ralph
Hi Ralph,

I will have the first 20 sets (15 original and 5 custom) available very soon. My resource is testing the teeth strength on the gear because we are making it in true 5:1 ratio.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks,
--Alan

Clipper

Another day in Paradise!

floating doc

Gulf red snapper will have a special season starting October first. I'm going to be in Destin. I'll start building my jigging rod.

Great timing!
Central Florida

Black Pearl

Quote from: floating doc on August 27, 2013, 06:19:52 PM
Gulf red snapper will have a special season starting October first. I'm going to be in Destin. I'll start building my jigging rod.

Great timing!

Please note that the first 20 sets will be available next month, but the mass production will be around end of Nov or early Dec.