Reel foot

Started by publius, March 13, 2013, 05:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

publius

Does anyone have a reel foot broken off a frame laying around. I have a brand new 6500 missing the reel foot. Thanks guys.

alantani

somebody had a bolt-on fix for that...... 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

If the reel is new, I would recommend contacting Pure Fishing and discuss your problems.  They may also be reached by email.  if so, I would send pics and explain your situation.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ron Jones

If we could find a fix that would be great. I'd like to try my hand at making ad frame but I need a bolt on foot.
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

publius

thank you for the contact, Bryan. I am going to do the bolt on when I get the new part.

Ken_D

Greg has a fix. He takes a piece of thin metal, and forms it over the reel foot. Safety blanket.. I'll see if I can relocate the post.   I may have several feet laying about..... if no-one from your country assists, I'll expore postal rates. The foot will be free, if I can locate it. 

Canada Post's rates are among the steepest on the planet. This to probably cover the loss of about 10 million dollars in counterfeit stamps. Hmmm.

Snagged2

Hi Ken,
I don't know where it is here on this site,, but, try this..

http://www.whiskerfishtackle.com/Abu6500ReelFootFix.html

I formulate these out of .028 SS strip.. with the little tool I made.

Greg

Ken_D

Thanks, Greg !!!!  Appreciated, as will the folks who need this info.   KD.

Robert Janssen

Hmm, nice little press tool. Cool.

Ken_D

Quote from: publius on March 13, 2013, 05:47:51 AM
Does anyone have a reel foot broken off a frame laying around. I have a brand new 6500 missing the reel foot. Thanks guys.

A new frame can be as low as _under 17.00_ plus stamps. Unless you do the fix yourself, or you know the fixer, it's going to cost you more than that, for the repair.   It's this one. Hurry, it's on the delete list at Abu.
Note: no provision for a thumb rest on this budget frame.
http://www.nutterrodandreel.com/pdf/Abu%20Garcia/old/six%2088-0.PDF

Irish Jigger

Very innovative and a solid repair.