New narrow 112H

Started by BMITCH, March 26, 2013, 06:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

Seeing the actual patent would be nice. I missed the earlier entry about what it covers. What about a hex shape inside the gear?

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Bryan Young

Quote from: noyb72 on April 04, 2013, 04:53:48 AM
Seeing the actual patent would be nice. I missed the earlier entry about what it covers. What about a hex shape inside the gear?

Ron
I think the main thing is that Penn came up with the idea, and it would be a good idea to get their blessing.  It may not be about legality, but about honor.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Ron Jones

I absolutely agree, I guess it is just the Navy in me but I like to have something in writing to go off of when forming a proposal. I won't let kids take a crap on a submarine without a procedure.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Alto Mare

Alan, maybe we should do something similar to this:

This is Doc's idea about using the Hex insert, ours wouldn't have the insert, you could get your contact mill it out as one unit....we need to ask Doc if it's ok with him, but I already know he doesn't mind ;)
He put it out there for us to explore. Thanks again Doc, we're lucky to have you with us.

From doing some crazy tests with the Hexagon drags in my reel, I'm going to recommend the octagon shape.
The hexagon held up fine, but there was a hint of shredding at the very tip of the angles. I could have just been from me cutting my own washers :-\, but I still believe the octagon shape is the way to go.
We would be able to cut our own washers with these, just by using scissors, but I wouldn't mind having Dawn do it for us...if she's interested.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

Sal, once again you come to the plate swinging. I think your a GC by trade but I think you missed your true calling. Those folks at Penn could use your set of eyes on some projects. Thanks for all the great ideas. I only hope it can be done.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Alto Mare

Bob, Alan mentioned that his contact has some advanced equipment, there might be a good chance that he could come up with those.
If they do, I'm going to need to reserve 10 sets each, before Broadway gets them all ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Black Pearl

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 04, 2013, 11:32:18 AM
Bob, Alan mentioned that his contact has some advanced equipment, there might be a good chance that he could come up with those.
If they do, I'm going to need to reserve 10 sets each, before Broadway gets them all ;D.
This main gear will not have any semi-circle ear. I will have my guy check it out. As I have stated, there will be 50 sets on Jigmaster 500/112H with this design. Let's see what my guy can do.

Alto Mare

Thanks Alan!

BMITCH

Hopefully Broadway isn't on right now. Might give me a shot in getting three sets. Thanks Alan for all the hard work!

Bob
luck is the residue of design.

broadway

You guys are funny... I only need 33 sets for now ;D just kidding.
Im in on anything that sal recommends, creates, or tests so count me in!
Keep me posted when they're done so I can give you a quantity number.
Alan, when you said you will be having 50 of the 112h gears made did you mean octagonal, hexagonal, or regular?
Sal, what would give more drag... Hex, octagon, or 7+1 circular?
Keep the gears coming, Alan. I'll be putting the gears in my new 112h narrow when you send them out and can't wait.
Thanks
Dom

john2244

Alan,
I would like 2 sets of the new deisgn ( what ever it turns out to be ).
John

Black Pearl

Quote from: broadway on April 06, 2013, 05:53:27 PM
You guys are funny... I only need 33 sets for now ;D just kidding.
Im in on anything that sal recommends, creates, or tests so count me in!
Keep me posted when they're done so I can give you a quantity number.
Alan, when you said you will be having 50 of the 112h gears made did you mean octagonal, hexagonal, or regular?
Keep the gears coming, Alan. I'll be putting the gears in my new 112h narrow when you send them out and can't wait.
Thanks
Dom

I mean that I will make 50 sets for 112H octagonal and 350 sets 112H regular.

Keta

Put me down for 1 hex set.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Quote from: broadway on April 06, 2013, 05:53:27 PM

Thanks
Dom
Dom, Hexagonal and octagonal washers should put out the same. Comparing them to the 7+1, I would say about the same, maybe Just a little more. from me testing them, I'm going to say definitely smoother  ;)