Main Menu

Hello all.

Started by Madmooner, March 28, 2013, 06:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madmooner

I haven't really fished salt in years! Have been mostly LM bass and flingin' fly's for trout on fresh water in GA and CO.

Moved to WA a bit ago and figured I need to get into some of the fishing out here. Got a old boat last year and am starting to get rigged up.

I have a couple Penn 321GTi's that have to be 20+ years old? They were used for a couple trips to FL when I was a kid and have sat since. Called up pops and he sent me the reels and a couple old Kunnan rods they were on. Figured I would clean em up and use them out here. I found this site after googling how to re-build the reels.

Man! What a wealth of info! I am going to order some new drag washers and some good lube and put those reels on some downrigger rods and hopefully punish the local salmon population!

Thanks for the website, Alan!         

Bryan Young

Welcome. I think you hit the right place for your reel rebuilds.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Madmooner

Thanks!

Yeah, I would say so! The pictorals are really great.

Keta

Hi, where in WA are you?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Madmooner

Fox Island, by Gig Harbor. 

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

kamuwela

aloha and thank you for joining.

Bill B

Welcome  from the Sacramento delta
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Cone

Welcome from Fla. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Alto Mare

Welcome from eastern PA.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

jlezama

Welcome from NorCal!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

welcome to Mr. Tani's neighborhood...