Trinidad 30A Bearing

Started by makana59, February 21, 2014, 11:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

makana59

Just some information guys about the Shimano Trinidad 30A.  I was looking into changing out the Trini 30A spool bearings to Apec 7 bearing but no one had the size for them.  So i was looking through the Schematics for both reels the trinidad 30A and 14A and noticed the bearings had the same part number.  So what i did was order the Bearings from Boca for the 14A (because thats the only one they had the size for) hoping my hunch was right about the part numbers being the same.  So to my happy suprise I just installed the bearing and they fit like a glove.  Just wanted to pass on some informaiton that if you wanted to change out the bearings to boca apec 7 then you can order the 14A size and they will fit.  Mahalos Makana

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Joe Mc

I wonder if that's the same for all the Trinidad a's?

Keta

Most likely, Shimano uses a lot of parts from discontinued reels in their new ones.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain