Costumer service when addressing Avet - have things changed there recently?

Started by Jon_Kol, April 30, 2013, 11:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

can you please post pictures of the handle arms you have an the ones you want.  Maybe we can help facilitate the aquiring of the arms and handles for you and you can get your money back from CharkBait.  Sometimes Avet is more responsive to individual customers when calling by phone.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 30, 2013, 09:56:42 PM
Quote from: Bucktail on April 30, 2013, 09:24:42 PM
I was thinking along the same lines as Keta.  It sounds like your problem is with Charkbait, not Avet.

Charkbait has always been great with me, but I haven't done business for over a year :-\

I've fished with Mark and he's a good guy.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

It's probably not mark, but the guys in the back office processing all of the mail order stuff.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Jon_Kol

Quote from: Bryan Young on April 30, 2013, 11:18:13 PM
can you please post pictures of the handle arms you have an the ones you want.  Maybe we can help facilitate the aquiring of the arms and handles for you and you can get your money back from CharkBait.  Sometimes Avet is more responsive to individual customers when calling by phone.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate such a suggestion.

Picture #2 from the bottom of this web page: http://www.avetreels.net/ACCESSORIES.php

The handle which has a blueish colour. My friend (who sent Charkbait the order) spesified that the handles were to sit on several LX 6/3 and Charkbait said they would make sure the right size handle was ordered.

I believe this one might be the correct size, since it says that one has to order a handle made for a bigger size reel than the one the handle is to be used with?

HXJ / HX / HXW
JX / LX Raptor
4- 1/4"
(4.250")
3- 3/8"
(3.375")
Soft Touch Oval     $35

Nuvole

Quote from: Jon_Kol on April 30, 2013, 11:30:28 AM
A friend of mine, whom I fish with a great deal, ordered several T-bar handles from Avet via Charkbait. This was in February. The money was withdrawn from his account, and he was told that the order had been sent to Avet.

I hope that you are from the US, as they don't accept cards out of US.
The lady request me to do bank transfer and extra $30 for their bank fee on top of the $60 s/h, for a smitty's belly button belt and some small stuff that cost less than $200 in total :-(

Jon_Kol

Quote from: Nuvole on May 02, 2013, 05:27:05 AM
I hope that you are from the US, as they don't accept cards out of US.
The lady request me to do bank transfer and extra $30 for their bank fee on top of the $60 s/h, for a smitty's belly button belt and some small stuff that cost less than $200 in total :-(

No, he who paid for the order is from Norway as well. The money issue wasn't a problem, he paid by VISA. The money was withdrawn form his account a couple of days later. Since then, no solid info on how everything's going with the T-bar handles..

Bryan Young

Spoke with Avet moments ago.  Placed order and should here something tomorrow whether they have it in stock or not in silver and purple.

Ratchet

Correct me if I'm wrong  but T-bar handles, aren't they made by Tiburon?

Rage

Hello!

Im the "other dude" that placed the order with Charkbait for the t-bar handles.

I ordered four T-bar handles from them in total and the impression that I'm stuck with, is that such a small order doesn't really matter for them or for Avet(?)
All of the email replies I got back was short, no anwers to the questions I asked and just excuse after excuse with no good answers.

Thanks for all the replies to Jon - hopefully the situation will be solved eventually.

//Andreas

Bryan Young

Rage

Bryan Young

Oh good.  By the way, the purple...it's hard to get an exact match, so it may be darker or lighter than your reel.  they cannot guarantee a perfect match like with silver and black.

Rage

Quote from: Bryan Young on May 03, 2013, 11:47:01 PM
Oh good.  By the way, the purple...it's hard to get an exact match, so it may be darker or lighter than your reel.  they cannot guarantee a perfect match like with silver and black.

No problem. Just curious to see if the handle is bolt on  ;D

Rage

So.. the handles mentioned in one of the earlier posts finally showed up without any notice.
Sent to me with the most expencive shipping using Fedex without any agreement on that.

Oh well...

Unpacked the box and and the first thing I notice, this is not the handles I ordered.

36 email, 3 months of waiting and this is what I get. Perfect.